Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Hot cams on BF 750?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 10:11 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hot cams on BF 750?

I was wondering if anybody was running some hot cams in their BF 750 so they could tell me how much performance gain they got I am thinking about getting some any info will be greatly appreciated.

Old 01-11-2007, 10:34 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been running stage 1 hotcams in my 700 for over 2 years now. The stage 1 hot cam is the exact same for the 700 and 750. I noticed an improvement from about 40-45 on up to top speed. It pulls harder on top than the stock cam but it's not a major jump. Don't get me wrong you can tell but it's not night and day difference. In a couple of weeks I'm going to start on my rebuild, I'm going with a Fundy 730 with race cams, and other goodies. If you can wait a couple of weeks you could probably get a set alot cheaper than new ones. If I had it to do all over again I would probably go with the web cams instead of the hot cams. The webs have more lift and duration and are still a drop in cam. The only thing with the webs is you have to send in your stock cams and wait for them to send you their cams. The hot cams are OK but from what I've heard the webs are a little better and a little more expensive, I think, don't hold me to that.

Old 01-12-2007, 12:01 AM
Trailblazer

If you go to hot cams site they say they dont recommend the mud buster cam for the BF 750 . Is this because the BF already has so much low end and the cam would just add way to much low end? Just the stage 1 cam is recommended for the Bf 750. How much would you want for your cams?

Old 01-12-2007, 10:05 AM
Pro Rider

I sent you 2 PMs. I forgot something on the first one.

Old 01-12-2007, 10:32 PM
Trailblazer

I got your pm. I am not really wanting to drag race I am running 27" Bi/Tri Claws for trail riding and mudding. I just want to get the most power out of it I can without doing a big bore kit. Do you think it would even be worth me changing the cams on mine since I am not racing it really all though I do like to shower down on it and leave all those 650's and 700's behind I haven't got to run a popo 800 yet but i want to any way not really for racing just mostly trail riding. Thanks for your replys!!

Old 01-13-2007, 12:18 PM
Pro Rider

If it's worth it or not is really up to you. I personally don't think you'd see any benifit from them in the mud. On the trails the cams may help you depending on what kind of trails you ride. If it's really tight and and rough stuff then I doubt it. But if it's some open trails where you can let the engine rev alittle then yes the would help. With mods it's all very subjective. What one person likes another may dislike. I just looked at your signature and saw you didn't have a cdi of any kind listed. If you don't have a cdi that is the FIRST performance mod I would do. After a good cdi from dyna or vdi many people don't want anything else.

Old 01-13-2007, 03:43 PM
Pro Rider

How much richer did you have to go up on your jetting when you installed the Hot cams??? thinking of doing this along with some higher comp pistons............Stakk

Old 01-13-2007, 10:23 PM
Trailblazer

Can I run a fly wheel key with a Dyna CDI or will it advance the timing to much?

Old 01-14-2007, 12:43 AM
Pro Rider

STAKK It's been awhile since I did the cams and there has been alot of tinkering and modding between then and now. The best I remember I didn't go up much at all. I think it was only 2 main jet sizes front and rear. LIke I said it's been a while so I would probably call whoever your getting the cams from. They can probably help you more.

Rowdy You can run the dyna with a flywheel key and from what I've seen on the forums it won't hurt the motor. If you already have the key then I wouldn't bother with the dyna because you won't see any extra benifit from it. The extra timing from both mods may even hurt the performace of only havig either the key or dyna.

Old 01-14-2007, 12:37 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the info you have helped me alot I dont think it would be worth me changing the cams because I dont hardly get over 40 MPH I think I might get a CDI.

Quick Reply: Hot cams on BF 750?