Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

2003 Lakota pull choke?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 10:40 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Lakota pull choke?

I think the reason why you have the needle jet so low now is to compinsate for the big main jet you have in there. I would try to get the main and pilot jets right first and then work on the needle. Start with the needle jet in the middle and ajust accordingly. Once again, good luck.

Old 03-11-2007, 11:43 AM
Trailblazer

Once again thanks for the input! Ill see if I can get a jump on that later and post resualts. If not later durring the week.

Thank you!

Phyro

Old 04-15-2007, 07:14 PM
Trailblazer

hayhay!,

holeshotz can I bother you to know what you air/fuel mix is at? I turned it in all the way and went from there. im about 1 1/3 turn out. 170 main middle clip 25 pilot. still got that lagg and if I punch it it stalls. But if I keep it at higher rpm and then punch it, she books! So definitly closer on the jetting but still lost. Andy info would be great!

Thanks,

Phyro

Old 04-15-2007, 11:05 PM
Range Rover

Holeshotz you are a wealth of info. I will be doing this carb mod soon so I wanted to reply to this so I can subscribe to it and keep this referenced for future info. Phyro, even though you are getting a lot of cutting out, does it seem to have a lot more performance (when it kicks in) when compared to stock? I am curious cause I dont want to mod mine if the reward isnt noticable.
esonnen

Old 04-15-2007, 11:35 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Phyroinstinct
hayhay!,

holeshotz can I bother you to know what you air/fuel mix is at? I turned it in all the way and went from there. im about 1 1/3 turn out. 170 main middle clip 25 pilot. still got that lagg and if I punch it it stalls. But if I keep it at higher rpm and then punch it, she books! So definitly closer on the jetting but still lost. Andy info would be great!

Thanks,

Phyro
I had that issue with mine but was just too lazy to buy some more jetts and fix it but the first thing i was going to try was going up one size on the pilot because a stumble like that means its starving for fuel in most cases. Its been about 6 months since ive even heard my lakota start up so i wish i remember what the pilot was set at. Right now the engine, carb and pipe are at moahwk motorsports awaiting a piston for the 335 kit. As soon as that gets there, my engine will get together and i will have it back.

Basically what you want to do to set the pilot is turn it all the way in then turn it out untill your idle is at the highest point. THen set your idle. Good luck

Old 04-16-2007, 07:46 AM
Trailblazer

Ill have to go back and do that with the air fuel and see were I stand. More tweaking but I want to get this right on. Thanks Holeshotz.

esonnen: Yes when it was up and running and I notices a power increase. When the jetting got closer and I was able to run it with let trouble. It. moved. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Phyro

Old 04-19-2007, 10:37 PM
Pro Rider

Ill have to go back and do that with the air fuel and see were I stand. More tweaking but I want to get this right on. Thanks Holeshotz.

esonnen: Yes when it was up and running and I notices a power increase. When the jetting got closer and I was able to run it with let trouble. It. moved. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Phyro
cool, hope you are able to get it all worked out good.

Old 04-19-2007, 11:27 PM
Trailblazer

Man I'm in the same boat. The choke cable threads just dont hold at all, and the cable has been dangling for at least a few months now, leaving a hole for debris to enter which is never good. The stock carb hasn't exactly been reliable to me anyway. I may try using a little crazy glue to hold the choke cable in place.

holeshotz8436, would you reccomend this carb upgrade over the big gun exhaust, seeing you have both? I have a dynojet kit in the carb, twinair flter, and a couple little airbox mods as of now. It seems the big gun silencer would be a quicker solution to more power, but if this carb really has a noticable increase, for half the price, I think I'd be willing to go through the extra trouble. So, big gun silencer or the mikuni carb kit?

Thanks

Old 04-23-2007, 07:57 AM
Trailblazer

Whatz up!,

tried some other jetting this weekend. This is were I stand and the the quad is running almost smooth.

35 pilot, Needle on the second clip(4th spot down from the top) and main 170. Im going to get a 175 main from my dealer and see were that stands. 165, got worse. 180main wasn't any good, and the 170 feels good, but could be better.

Holeshotz, Can I bother you to as were you got your, "Blaster barrel" from the top of the carb? I contacted G a while ago, and he dint sound like he understood when I told him. I want to get the shorter cable from him. But I need to now were I can get the "barrel" you were referring about.

Appreciate any info!

Phyro

Old 04-25-2007, 09:56 PM
Pro Rider

Whatz up!,

tried some other jetting this weekend. This is were I stand and the the quad is running almost smooth.

35 pilot, Needle on the second clip(4th spot down from the top) and main 170. Im going to get a 175 main from my dealer and see were that stands. 165, got worse. 180main wasn't any good, and the 170 feels good, but could be better.

Holeshotz, Can I bother you to as were you got your, "Blaster barrel" from the top of the carb? I contacted G a while ago, and he dint sound like he understood when I told him. I want to get the shorter cable from him. But I need to now were I can get the "barrel" you were referring about.

Appreciate any info!

Phyro
I got the barrel from greg but just go down to any yamaha dealer and tell them that you need the barrel for the throttle cable on the top of your blaster. I will try to find a p/n and post it up for you.

Quick Reply: 2003 Lakota pull choke?