Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

2003 Lakota pull choke?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 07:38 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Lakota pull choke?

Hello there everyone!

Wonder if anyone might beable to help me out hear. I have a 03 Lakota sport for my girl that Iv modified (Not a whole lot) and did lots of maintence on thanks to these forums and these fine members around hear this past year. I keep running into one problem. The choke. Iv replaced the whole assembly once already and this is the second on that is wrecked. When I choke it a little to get it started, the plastic choke rips right out of the carb housing. I cheaked for binding and oil cable. I know the second one I installed was completly free and not boogered up when installed. Does anyone know where I can get a pull chok for this or make one out of the broken one? This quad rearly gets used but gives my so may problems with this choke every time I use it! Runs great when going though. Ow I also completly disasembled the choke and cheaked for dirt or what not but nothing. Any one know where to get one because I cant find anything.

Any info would be great! Thank you for you info and time.

Phyro

Old 01-31-2007, 10:10 PM
Pro Rider

There are no pull choke mods that i know of for the stock carb but i would reccomend just upgrading to a mikuni round slide 36mm carb or 34mm or 36mm mikuni tmx flat side, you can pick up any of those for $100 or under and get a throttle cable from cycleworksracing.net for about $16 and they all have pull chokes plus will give your lakota some noticable power increases.

Old 02-01-2007, 07:41 AM
Trailblazer

Thats a solution I can afford. If I get a 36mm carb is there any other things I should look into getting? Adaptors or should the factory boots work. And is there any jetting recommendations?

Thanks for any input!

Phyro

Old 02-02-2007, 04:33 PM
Pro Rider

You also need a mojave intake boot to make everything fit nicely......as far as the jetting, start with a #200 main, #35 pilot and the needle on the middle clip....so you will nee the carb obiously lol, mojave intake boot, a hose clamp(the stock one is crap) and a throttle cable.....you can get everything from cycleworksracing as a kit for around $165 but if you look around on ebay you could probally find the carb for $50-100 bucks depending on condition.

Old 02-02-2007, 07:13 PM
Trailblazer

Im just gunna go for the kit. I would just love to have this thing running with out this cab issue.

Holeshotz, I wanna thank you for your help and I will up date this after I get parts in and get it running!

Thanks!

Phyro

Update: spoke to http://cycleworksracing.net Hes gunna get the carb and data sheets and jetting set up close for me. Might get the parts by the 9th. Just in time for the weekend!

Awsome place to deal with!

Old 02-04-2007, 06:29 PM
Pro Rider

Also, the filter adaptor that cwr sends out will not work for the lakotas so what i did was just made an adapter out of pvc pipe and sone rubber adaptors, it only took about an half hour.

Old 02-05-2007, 08:10 AM
Trailblazer

It was told to me that set up is more mojave located and the time on the lakota for matching the boot hadnt been done yet. (Thus it being listed only as a mojave mode) He said that an extra spacer wold be included.

Would it be posible for you to take a snap shot of your carb/boot setup? I cant get a good look at it from the pics in your gallery. So I have an Idea what Im aiming to do?

I greatly appreciate any and all info!

Phyro

Trending Topics

Old 02-05-2007, 05:05 PM
Pro Rider

Well, at the time that i first got the carb setup i know greg was well aware of the setup but that was over a year ago and he probally forgot. Also, as far as i know i am the only person with the 36mm carb setup on their lakota. I would get you some pics but my lakota is currently torn down and sent the engine off for some work and maby even a stroker crank. You should be fine thou, all you do really is just take the old one off and put the mojave boot on, nothing special. Just make sure the mojave boot is angled down because the mojave boot is on an angle and the lakota boot isnt. You also will still prob have to fab somthing up for the air box too......all in all it should take around a hour or two to install and tune

Old 02-06-2007, 07:30 AM
Trailblazer

More power [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Stroker crank wow. Really adding some go to the Lakota.

Appreciate the help/pointers! Cant wait to tear it down and get it running again. Greg also sent me a detailed write up on how the throtle lever housing needs to modified a little for the thumb lever to allow the carb to close all the way. Woot! Now for the hardest part. Waiting.

Phyro

Old 02-16-2007, 07:32 AM
Trailblazer

Got the carb in. Not sure if I miss understood the directions or what not. But I got everything else working and running with the exception of the clearence for the throttle lead on the top of the carb. Broke it when I placed the gas tank on. uto ow [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=4782799

I was going to get an angled spacer between and on a downward connection between the carb and intake on the engine. But Im assuming thats going to mess up timing. And thoughs on what I may have missed?

Thanks,

Phyro

Quick Reply: 2003 Lakota pull choke?