Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

BF750 Changing plugs

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 08:56 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BF750 Changing plugs

I was having issues with backfiring and black smoke, then my BF750 just wouldn't come to life. I bought new plugs and started to change them, but I noticed how the rear one is conveniently located behind the air tube/under framework. I then got side-tracked working on my boys' 70s and never got back to mine. It's going to be warm this weekend, so I wanted to get back to swapping the plugs. I was wondering if there are any suggestions for how to QUICKLY get at the rear plug before I start tearing out things that really don't need to be removed. I just bought this last yaer and haven't had to touch anything on it till now.

While I'm here, anyone familiar with the 70s built by the "Buyang Group"? (according to plate on frame) It has the remote start that must be used for each initial start. I would LOVE to disengage that thing. Also, one of them has an electrical problem - no juice! Charged battery, swapped with new charged battery, checked ALL connections and recrimped all I could find. Still no juice. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Old 03-07-2007, 10:12 PM
Trailblazer

If you have already removed the side plastic you should be able to get to it with a extension and a swivel joint on the socket if you notice the belt housing exhaust tube has a half moon notch in it thats in line with the spark plug thats what it is for to get your socket through there. At least thats how mine is I have a 05. But dont get me wrong it is still some what of a pain in the a**. I dont have to worry about it any more though cause I snorkeled mine and removed the factory tube so it is not in the way any more hope this helps.

Old 03-07-2007, 11:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the info. I'll take a look at that when I take it apart this weekend.

Old 03-08-2007, 12:24 PM
Pro Rider

Chet,
The 750 - Remove that air duct by loosening the large oval clamps (2). It makes a lot easier to get to the rear plug and also prevents cross-threading.

The 70 - Check the starter-relay. Tap on it while pushing the start button - sometimes it starts that way. You may just have to replace it.

Old 03-08-2007, 07:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

Someone on Kawieriders told me to remove the battery and tray when I had the same question. I tried it and had no problems getting the plugs in/out.

Old 03-08-2007, 11:43 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: Hayashi
Chet,
The 750 - Remove that air duct by loosening the large oval clamps (2). It makes a lot easier to get to the rear plug and also prevents cross-threading.

The 70 - Check the starter-relay. Tap on it while pushing the start button - sometimes it starts that way. You may just have to replace it.
The starter relay? Do you mean the receiver for the remote? Sorry, I'm an idiot.

Old 03-08-2007, 11:55 PM
Pro Rider

Is this the same chet off of Dodge Forum?? Sorry to steal the topic, but if it is the same fella how are you after your crash? I was keeping up over there but havent been over there forever.. Anyway if its you hope you are doing well!

Old 03-09-2007, 08:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

No, this is not Chet at all. It is a false name I use with an email account I created when I am forced to register: registeredagainstmywill@yahoo.com, user name Chet Ubetcha. He is a news reporter on a cartoon my kids watch, The Fairly Odd Parents.

Anyway, thanks for the info regarding changing the plugs. I did that tonight and noticed how many things I was ready to remove before I took a really close look at the machine. It fired right up and I was gonna go cruise for a while until I noticed I was almost out of gas.

Now I just have to get fresh gas tomorrow and start the 70, then try fixing the other 70 that's having the electrical issues.