Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

DG exhaust on a lakota and other mods

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 07:28 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DG exhaust on a lakota and other mods

I was looking around the market to upgrade my lakota sport b/c my bro just bought an LRD exhaust and bunch of other stuff for his Z400. So i needed all the help i could get to keep up with him. Im was on a tight budget so i went out and bought a DG exhaust, Dynojet jet kit, Uni air filter, and uni filter vents. I just got back in from reassembling the whole 4wheeler b/c i took everything off to put the jet kit in. (before) A couple of days ago I rode it around with just the exhaust b/c that shipped the quickest and i could already feel a big diffence.. alot of backfiring tho. Then i got the jet kit, filter, and vents installed and boy does my kota rip now. It made a huge power difference. All the bad things ppl said about the DG rcm exhaust are full of it. The topend actually has power now. Also the uni filter vents help out alot too. I put them right on the filter box lid(about 4 of them) and when you press the throttle you can feel them sucking in. The carb is jetted nicely now with a #138 jet. With the carb being tuned just right my front wheels pop off the ground from a dead stop in first and pull up again shifting into second. I still wont be able to keep up vary well with my bro still but this stuff didnt hurt.

Old 03-15-2007, 09:18 PM
Pro Rider

glad you got ur lakota running the way you want it too. If you are that impressed with a dynojet kit, uni vents and a rcm pipe you will think you are on a raptor if you get a big gun pipe and a 36mm carb kit[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-15-2007, 10:14 PM
Weekend Warrior

I was on a rele tight budget. I only had 10bucks left after buying everything. Right now im playing baseball for my highschool so i have no room for a job, so no new money was coming my way so i went with what i could work with. This was the best bang for my buck i could say and im impressed. im just clearing up what ppl said about the rcm. ppl said they were total dogs but i got great power out of it.

Old 03-16-2007, 12:11 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Kahuna9889
I was on a rele tight budget. I only had 10bucks left after buying everything. Right now im playing baseball for my highschool so i have no room for a job, so no new money was coming my way so i went with what i could work with. This was the best bang for my buck i could say and im impressed. im just clearing up what ppl said about the rcm. ppl said they were total dogs but i got great power out of it.
Wow, me and you are pretty much in the same boat. I can't get a job because baseball at my highschool, I have the DG pipe [which looks great, and sounds good. Power is OK] And yeah... I have a Lakota. What year is yours?

Old 03-16-2007, 02:22 PM
Weekend Warrior

My lakota sport is either an 01 or an 02 i forget. but yea we cant get a job when we have practice almost everyday and then when the reguar season starts we have all random scheduled games then tournements.

Old 03-17-2007, 01:02 AM
Pro Rider

Exactly.

Luckily the season ends in May!

Old 03-18-2007, 03:02 AM
Range Rover

lakotas are fairly easy to upgrade. their arent that much you can put on them because they wernt all that popular, but what you can get helps alot.

man, i want my old lakota back.