Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

prairie clutch problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 12:08 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default clutch problems

So after a 100 mile day of riding my atv starts to act funny. Well, everytime i put it in gear it jumps and dies. Its not a out of adjustment valves die, its a belt is engaged when i put it in gear die. So thismoring i take the cover off and sure enough. The belt is engaged. I dont know what it is called that it is that is keeping it engaged. But, i think there is five or six of them in the primary clutch. They are long for some reason one of them is sticking to keep the belt totally engaged. I know you are probally thinking what is he talking about but i cant think of the name of these things. But when the one was stuck on, the others when i would turn the clutch would just swing. Whats the deal.

Old 04-23-2007, 02:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default clutch problems

Ok, i figured out that what was making the clutch stick was one of the weights. What i didnt mention on my previous post was that i took the cover off at the riding area to find it sticking. After punching it down i took the atv out for a ride to see if it would do it again, well after a few mins it did it again. Well today i took the cover off again and punched the weight back down and then i proceeded to take a blower and blow air through the clutch and TONS of dity dust was blowing out. After doing that and then putting the cover back on,i was driving it up and down the street going slow, fast, slow take offs, and fast one to see if it would do it again. Could the problems i had maybe be from the dust or maybe just a coincadence. It still wont do what it did again. The atv hase over 3000 miles on it.