Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

kfx 700, a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 03:27 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kfx 700, a few questions

I havent posted in a while just basicly have been a lurker,as of now i have a ltz250 from 89. Its a great machine its just getting old, it was a good starter quad and im glad i had it. But anyway, i was starting to look at new atvs, especially since my cousin got a 06 scrambler. The 700kfx caught my eye, i like the idea of the power and that is an automatic. I like shifting but sometimes i just want to ride you knwo what i mean? Im 6'2 180 pounds and am 18 so i have weight to gain. so heres my questions.

Can i whomp my cousins 500 scramby?
I will be buying a used one if i get one, which years should i stay away from?
How fast does it go stock?
Can i jump this thing or is it just to heavy?
How are the shocks? I am a pretty crazy rider, will the frame hold on huge jumps?
I know its not a fourwheel drive but will it be able to get through some tough terrain?
I push my atv to the limits when i ride, ill jump almost anything, and i will go in mud and huge puddles even if its going to bog down my machine. I dont know i probably should jsut get a 400, but the 700 is just so intriuging. what does everyone think?

Old 06-02-2007, 04:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Can i whomp my cousins 500 scramby? </end quote></div>
Yep.
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>I will be buying a used one if i get one, which years should i stay away from? </end quote></div> VERY minor differences. NO year was bad with these things. Stay away from the LE plastic.
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>How fast does it go stock? </end quote></div>
That depends on a lot of things, around 70ish.
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Can i jump this thing or is it just to heavy? </end quote></div>
You can jump them big time but I don't like to. Your a little lighter than me and way younger so you will be fine jumping it. Some even get big air, but like I said, I don't like to.
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>How are the shocks? I am a pretty crazy rider, will the frame hold on huge jumps? </end quote></div> Shocks are junk from the factory. If you REALLY like to jump there are better quads out there. The frames are fine.
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>I know its not a fourwheel drive but will it be able to get through some tough terrain? </end quote></div>
The V is super nice for the tough stuff. With a belt you can go fast or slow, your always in the torque.
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>I push my atv to the limits when i ride, ill jump almost anything, and i will go in mud and huge puddles even if its going to bog down my machine. I dont know i probably should jsut get a 400, but the 700 is just so intriuging. what does everyone think? </end quote></div>
I haven't had one problem with my V. I havent heard about any big inherent problems with them either. You should keep an eye on the swing arm bearings. Being a shaft drive they are real nice in mud and sand.
Over all they are a very nice quad if you are a bigger guy and can hang with the weight issue. I would say this is a really nice quad for you except the jumping issue.

Old 06-03-2007, 08:37 AM
Pro Rider

Docturbo said it all !! I agree 100%

Old 06-03-2007, 12:04 PM
Pro Rider

good post doc turbo ......

Old 06-03-2007, 12:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

Thanks tmm2good & hikuntryslim.

bendoverkawaskai, one thing you might want to know. I have heard from several people that the V will be discontinued. Yep, that's right, no more V!!! This may or may not play into your decision.
Good luck with you decision. Did I mention that the V is a super fun quad to ride!!!!! RIP V!!

Old 06-04-2007, 04:10 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Doctorturbo

Thanks tmm2good & hikuntryslim.

bendoverkawaskai, one thing you might want to know. I have heard from several people that the V will be discontinued. Yep, that's right, no more V!!! This may or may not play into your decision.

Good luck with you decision. Did I mention that the V is a super fun quad to ride!!!!! RIP V!!</end quote></div>

Hmmmm, I have not heard they are going to discontinue the V, I would not let that affect my decision though.

Old 06-07-2007, 04:32 AM
Range Rover

Wow, KFX700 being discontinued ? That would suck... What is this bike ? Something that will do anything well, and if your 12 year old niece wants to take it for a put you don't have to worry (just tell her not to push the throttle in to much).

Probably one of the most indestructable motors around; even after major hop ups the sucker still won't break. You've got good and accurate responces from other readers...

If you want to jump, obvious ditch the stock shocks (I run Works shocks, and I'm 230# 6'2") any after market provider should do fine. I've never had a problem with the frame (3 yrs).

Never forget your motor mods are darn near endless with this machine. I made the mistake of building mine in increments assuming I would be satisfied after the last addition (wrong), always wanted more. So that precausion cost me some money....(If you get into the motor just do it all ; add CC's, quality cams, mild port, maybe some springs...don't do it in stages)

If you can get your hands on any quality used KFX for under 4K take it and put $2500 into it and blow everyone away.. Have fun and be safe..

Heres my stuff.....04 KFX700; now 796cc, 11:5 comp, Crower 254 degree cams, mild port, Empi (Weber) 44mm Duel down draft carb, Full Dalton clutch, FST CDI box, HMF duel exhaust, Works shocks w/o resevior and quality fuel (VP-110 or C-12)

Old 06-07-2007, 04:55 AM
Range Rover

Docturbo says it straight...massive potential yet easy for anyone to ride. Indestructable engine, have fun building it....be safe and have fun

Old 06-13-2007, 03:42 AM
Range Rover

You can jump the V...As noted you'll want to go with aftermarket shocks if you plan on going more then 50 ft.

KFX700 Jumping

The V is over all a very good machine, able to do just about any style of riding or racing and do it well. It's not the best machine out there...but it rates very high on fun factor.