Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Neighbors filed a disturbing the peace noitice

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 09:48 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Neighbors filed a disturbing the peace noitice

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Crazyotto1

I live on 5 acres and they live on 2 1/2.

The fine is 637 dollars per ticket and I was issued 2 by 2 different neighbors who are friends. Thats why I'm not going to just pay the tickets.

I'm just nervous about the court date as of now.</end quote></div>

I sure hope you don't have neighbors that are enemies! This should have been taken care of without police intervention if these people are truly friends. Asuming you bought the 06 new, the owners manual should state the stock DB levels, which should be no louder than a lawn mower, leaf blower, etc. I gotta wonder, why would the cop write not 1, but 2 $600+ tickets for disturbing the peace if you are being as quiet as a piece of yard equipment though? Something does'nt seem to be adding up here.

Old 06-21-2007, 10:17 AM
Trailblazer

Never does. We only hear 1/2 of the story. Wish it was on court T.V.!

Old 06-21-2007, 11:20 AM
Pro Rider
Has Been Around Here Quite Awhile!

After you win in court I myself would just have to put on a used and worn out HMF pipe and let her rip for a few days, then I'd tone it back down. Some neighboors are just looking to Whine about anything. Your doing right by getting your facts straight before stepping into court. You might even ask your local police department if they have a DB meter that they can use on your quad. I think as long as your running stock quad you"ll be OK. Good luck!

Old 06-21-2007, 01:26 PM
Trailblazer

threre's alot more to it than just the fourwheeler stuff, the guys always trying to find something to gripe about. around a month ago it was rats and rabbits getting into his gardern. there is a junkjard directly behind both of our houses and he comes up and cusses at me and says thier coming from my yard. i'm sure once i build the fence he'll complain about it too.

Old 06-21-2007, 01:35 PM
Pro Rider

I hate neighbors like that. Some people like to complain and start sh*t. They are very bored and nothing better to do but make someone else MISERABLE with them. i had a run in with a neighbor about some b.s. (not atv related). He was just bein a d*ck.

Old 06-22-2007, 03:13 AM
Trailblazer

earlier today i was building a jump and my friend came over and tried it out a couple of times. the jump is at the very back of my property and probably 150 feet from the neighbors yard. we jumped it maybe three times apiece with the bike in second gear and here he came screeming and cussing. i lost my temper and starting yelling back and the guy woundup mooning us and calling us two year old homos. then said we gave him no respect. he said the dust was going straight into his house that was up wind and about 500 feet or more away. he threatened to kill my dog and a bunch of other crap. my friend caught it with his camera phone in case he calls the cops. people like this guy ruin living in a private subdivision. he started to mouth my wife and i told him i'd knock his teeth down his throat if he didn't go home. he said something about rats and rabbits in his garden and mumbled some other crap as he walked home. sorry for the long post, drank a liitle and needed to vent i guess

Old 06-22-2007, 10:34 AM
Trailblazer

Sounds like you all need to grow up. You keep getting him going. Sounds like you like it to me.

Old 06-22-2007, 11:34 AM
Pro Rider

neighbors suck. at least mine have given up on me. They have called the cops a few times, but when the cop shows up, it ends up bein one of my buddies and their not going to do me anything. we end up bs-ing for a couple hours out in the front yard so my neighbors can see. My dad is aslo head of the police dept if that helps. lol. my next door neighbor dad is also high up in the PD and he told me if anyone gives me crap about my atv, call him. He has one to and thinks its BS when people whine about them. Now with that said, I am respectful, I don't ride after dark, if I do, then I;m riding a bone stock 06 honda foreman 500 and its really quiet. Plus I go slow. I don't (usually)haul butt up and down the road. Stirring up dust happens when cars go down the road, so why complain. I have a black car so I feel it more than most (having an 07 Si, i try to keep it clean.)

Old 06-22-2007, 12:56 PM
Elite Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: muddstudd

earlier today i was building a jump and my friend came over and tried it out a couple of times. the jump is at the very back of my property and probably 150 feet from the neighbors yard. we jumped it maybe three times apiece with the bike in second gear and here he came screeming and cussing. i lost my temper and starting yelling back and the guy woundup mooning us and calling us two year old homos. then said we gave him no respect. he said the dust was going straight into his house that was up wind and about 500 feet or more away. he threatened to kill my dog and a bunch of other crap. my friend caught it with his camera phone in case he calls the cops. people like this guy ruin living in a private subdivision. he started to mouth my wife and i told him i'd knock his teeth down his throat if he didn't go home. he said something about rats and rabbits in his garden and mumbled some other crap as he walked home. sorry for the long post, drank a liitle and needed to vent i guess</end quote></div>

How can you respect a guy thats showing you his rear end?? The guy complains about everything, mouths off to your wife, threatens to kill your dog....looks like he needs an attitude adjustment. That privacy fence you speak of will probably be a good idea. He cut those trees down to see whats going on over on your property......which is none of his business.

Old 06-22-2007, 02:24 PM
Trailblazer

i think i might change the fence from eight foot tall to ten but either way that fence is going up in the next week or two. whats funny is in the winter when i had my bike apart his son rode thier fourwheeler all over my empty lot doing doughnuts and tearing up the grass under the snow. the kids like 13 and doesn't really have any where to ride besides the road or the woods so i let it go. now the guy sits on his back porch and watches whatever i do then comes yelling when he sees something he doesn't like. i guess in a way i'm just as bad as him, but he started it. j/k

Quick Reply: Neighbors filed a disturbing the peace noitice