Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

mojave / lakota interchangeable parts?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 11:09 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mojave / lakota interchangeable parts?

I would not recomend the Cobra unless they do make a quet series. I bought a Cobra for my first exaust for the jave' and it was alright at first. Nice sound starting out, but where I go riding there's alot of fire trail roads. Riding in 5th gear to the next trail hearing brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrr just simply gets annoying.

Like I said, it's alright if you're in 1st thru 3rd alot, but anything just coasting sucks. I really didn't notice a power increase either (but I didn't have any mods on it then either, so who knows)

If you do any riding around residental areas, forget it. That's the biggest thing I hate about exausts, they are so damn expensive for such a small peice of equipment. Like you said, it's hard finding one for the mojave, and to tell you the truth...i haven't seen too many for the Lakota either. They should be relatively close though.

Hope this helps out

Old 07-01-2007, 11:15 PM
Trailblazer

Well, I find exhausts for the lakota even harder to find than those for the mojave, that's why I am hoping they are the same. The utility series is supposed to be quiet, I was only looking at the performance series for the lower price. I was looking at the supertrapp and big gun but I have better stuff to spend my hard earned money on than an exhaust that only improves performance a little.

Old 07-01-2007, 11:24 PM
Range Rover

agreed, that's why I am really debating if I should even both dumping any more money into my jave'. I mean...it's only a 250. Yeah I could get the bore kit, make it a 300 or whatever the biggest I could go, and have to depend on reliability. I beat the sh*t outta it now, and it always starts right up everytime.

I really want to get the new kfx, but again...that's 7300.

Yeah, the Cobra performance series is the cheapest I ever found. My dealer got it for 100$ delivered. So, it's really what you want to spend the money on like you said. I found my SuperTrapp off of Ebay, so keep your eyes open. It's hard on there sometimes, but just keep trying

Old 07-01-2007, 11:36 PM
Trailblazer

I'm in the same boat. I want to bore out my lakota but I cant even imagine it as a 335cc with this damn dg, everyone within a mile would be calling the cops since I go riding right next to a pond. So with the boring out comes more mods like an expensive exhaust, new carb, and maybe even suspension mods to handle to bumps at the higher speeds the new engine would be putting out. The stock shocks are pretty slow action and dont have the travel I desire really. But then on the other hand I dont want to buy a bigger quad because I dont get to ride enough to make to 6-7 grand spent worth it.

Old 07-02-2007, 03:26 PM
Pro Rider

big guns are probably the best for lakotas and jave's but they better be sitting at that price...the supertrapps are really good exhaust to alot of people i know have run them and loved em also they are tunable which is really nice that would be good for u cuz where u ride...but like u said u dont want to waste your hard earned cash on it which i hear ya completely...so i think the best bet for you would be either look on ebay for a supertrapp cuz they come up ever now and then or go with the cobra like u said cuz the price....

Old 07-02-2007, 05:20 PM
Range Rover

haha, that's the name of the game. Buying parts on a budget. I wish everyone was rich, so we could just go riding and have fun insted of worrying about parts.

I forgot to tell you both, here's a decent site I've found that actually show pics or the parts, and has a nice layout. I honestly haven't found alot of other sites, so I'm not sure if it's expensive or not. It seemed reasonable.

hope this helps out.

http://www.partsforatvs.com/kawasaki/mojave/

Old 07-03-2007, 01:51 AM
Pro Rider

yo bro thats a sick site man...thats so much money for that white bro's silencer...couldnt believe that...haha its late as hell now but im gonna look at that site again in the morning...

Old 07-03-2007, 07:01 PM
Range Rover

yeah, I've never bought anything from them, but I like how it's set up. Makes it pretty easy to search for stuff. I had no idea that the kfx 400 had so many options either....might have to get me one of those.

Old 07-03-2007, 09:18 PM
Trailblazer

If I were ever gonna spend the 330 on a ids, I would spend a little extra to the white bros as it looks like it would be an awesome pipe and is forest approved for sound level. Cool site by the way.

Old 07-03-2007, 11:03 PM
Pro Rider

ya white bros are really good my friend had an e-series on his 400ex sounded sick for just a silencer...lasted long time too the welds held up great and everything...idk man id go for that white bros...lve heard good things to bout the E2 series which i believe that is... only took a quick look at it last night...but when they did a shoot out for best silencers in atvrider or somthing that one won in everyhing powerwise, noise level, and so on...u should look into it somemore that thing is just bad @$$...

Quick Reply: mojave / lakota interchangeable parts?