Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

mojave / lakota interchangeable parts?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 11:41 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mojave / lakota interchangeable parts?

Isn't there interchangle parts between the both?

Like the Lakota's swing arm will bolt up to the Mojave (from what I've been told)

is there anything else that the Mojave can benifit from???

Old 06-27-2007, 01:20 AM
Pro Rider

ya theres alot of stuff u can go back and forth wit on the 2...plastics and all that no problem...the swing arm should work like u said im pretty sure the lakota one is just alittle longer...for better trail riding and turning and so one, nerf bar dont even try cuz unless your really good at cutting and rewelding crap back together hahs, aftermarket bumpers should be good on...i mean most $hit should work being how there pretty much the same frame layout and quad...no motor stuff as you know of course but most bolt on things should be good to go...

Old 06-28-2007, 09:58 PM
Range Rover

Nice Quad, and thanks for the info.

Those are aftermarket plastics right? I'm not sure about the Lakota's but what do you do with the bracket that's welded to the frame that the mudflaps connect to (the bottom ones). (if they have the mudflaps originally)

Old 06-29-2007, 01:10 PM
Pro Rider

thanks man yea i put alot of work into her...haha i just cut mine right off then just smoothen them out with a fial...u cant even tell...gives it a clean look as well...

Old 07-01-2007, 03:18 PM
Trailblazer

What about exhaust mounts? Are they the same on both quads? I found a nice budget exhaust but it's only sold for the mojave.

Old 07-01-2007, 03:27 PM
Pro Rider

yea they should be the same...wut kinda exhaust u find...DG???

Old 07-01-2007, 10:29 PM
Trailblazer

I have an old dg and it's complete junk, it's basically a straightpipe with some fiberglass and it sounds like crap. I was looking at the cobra racing series, I forgot the actual name but it's there more performance oriented pipe, since it's a cheap alternative because I need a quieter pipe for where I ride but dont want to give up any performance.

Trending Topics

Old 07-01-2007, 10:43 PM
Pro Rider

ya i hear ya i dont really like my DG either for my quad but they dont make really any for lakota's...i hear cobra's i just noise makers as well but $hit if you could find it for a good price then id say go wit it...anythings better than DG's...it might be the utility series cobra which would be nice cuz that would make it somewhat quite and like u said you wouldnt be giving up performance...let me know wut u do bro...

Old 07-01-2007, 10:59 PM
Trailblazer

It's a step up from the utility series. I was looking at the utility but I can get the race oriented one for 40 bucks cheaper so it might have some performance increase as well, anything's probably better than my dg. We plan to trail riding on state trails sometime so I need a forest legal pipe too, needs to be under 98db I believe and my dg is at least 100 I'd say. It's louder than my cousin's kfx400 with fmf pipe and the powerbomb. I was looking at the big gun pipe too but I heard it was pretty loud not to mention the 300+ pricetag.

Old 07-01-2007, 11:02 PM
Trailblazer

Just looked up the big gun and it's 94db. That's plenty quiet enough but the cobra is half the price.

Quick Reply: mojave / lakota interchangeable parts?