Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

2007 vs 2008 brute force vs the competition

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 10:16 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 vs 2008 brute force vs the competition

Any thoughts or opinions on this. How will the 08' brute be against the 07' brute in terms of performance? I have read that the 07's are faster than the 06's, is this true? Also how will the new brute do against the bomb 800, I know the bomb has always been faster, but also more expensive, how close is the drag stock for stock up to say 60 or 65 mph. I also wonder how the brutes ride is compared to the bomb? I have read every review, so I know all the updates that have been made to the brute, a very impresive list I might add, but I have only been on an 05' brute and nothing newer, so I would love to hear from anyone with seat time on either or both these machines.
On a side note, what mods can be done with EFI that won't require recalibration?
Any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Old 06-27-2007, 12:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have seen a post on another forum that said the 08FI brute is actually around 1hp less than the carbed 07. That was according to some government emissions data. I have a friend who has an 06 and his buddie has an 07. When they both had the same identical mods, a dyna everything else was stock, the 07 would always win by around 1-1 1/2 bike lengths in 300'. I don't know if all 06 vs. 07 races would be that way but theirs was everytime. Most of the races I've seen with a stock for stock bomb vs brute the brute gets the hole shot and at around 30 or so the bomb comes around the brute and will continue to pull away for as long as they want to race. Most of that outcome has to do with clutching imo. The Kawie clutch comes on very hard at the bottom but tops out faster than the bomb. The bomb has a smoother enguagement and large sheaves so it can shift out more, that's where the more topend comes from. I have minimal seat time on either one of these machines so I can't comment on ride or handling. Unfortunately for the ATV industry no current FI setup is fully self adjusting. If you do mods that deal with intake or exhaust you will need to remap your fuel curve to get optimal performance. Most of the current FI systems are similar to the old throttle bodies found on 80s and a few very early 90s model vehicles. They are superior with fuel management aka gas mileage, and epa exhaust regulations than carbs but there is not a huge performance gain to be had with them. On the flip side when you do mods a FI model is much easier to tune than having to rejet and you can fine tune EFI better than carbs. Sorry for the long post[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-27-2007, 11:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think the 08 will be awsome. I has recalabrated suspension for better handling and sits about an inch lower for better center of gravity. The efi will be awsome for attitude, cold starts, and better for throttle response. I think the new 08 will be a killer ride.

Old 06-28-2007, 10:07 AM
Range Rover

Thanks for the info, any more thoughts, I would love to stick with kawasaki if it is going to be a competitor, Especially with the price difference.

Old 06-28-2007, 11:54 AM
Pro Rider

The thing is with that large of a price difference you can not only make it a competitor you can make it a dominator. Drop in a FPS or FST 800 or even an 840 and the only time you'll see the outlanders is at the start and when you're waiting for them at the finish line.

Old 06-29-2007, 12:05 AM
Range Rover

FASTFATBOY,
I hear ya on that one, but I don't know how that would work with the EFI, and with some of the cold winters up here in Iowa, I would like to keep that EFI system, otherwise I could just get an 07'. I guess I won't be able to decide fully until the 08's are out. I also want to take a good look at that new kitty cat 950.

Old 06-29-2007, 12:17 AM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Crankdog

Thanks for the info, any more thoughts, I would love to stick with kawasaki if it is going to be a competitor, Especially with the price difference.</end quote></div>

I have said that before, for the price difference you can do one hell of a performance setup. There is a company in Nova Scotia that can turn your 45 hp into 85 hp for around that $3000 price difference(less than that price actually). I have heard of them through a friend that had a KFX700 done.
I know that much horse power difference will leave the Canam to see your plate #'s. I think that carburated motors have more options to upgrade at this moment. It is only time before EFI will have the same choices.

Trending Topics

Old 06-29-2007, 01:45 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 750reasons

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Crankdog

Thanks for the info, any more thoughts, I would love to stick with kawasaki if it is going to be a competitor, Especially with the price difference.</end quote></div>

I have said that before, for the price difference you can do one hell of a performance setup. There is a company in Nova Scotia that can turn your 45 hp into 85 hp for around that $3000 price difference(less than that price actually). I have heard of them through a friend that had a KFX700 done.

I know that much horse power difference will leave the Canam to see your plate #'s. I think that carburated motors have more options to upgrade at this moment. It is only time before EFI will have the same choices.</end quote></div>

Your talking about Fundy Performance owned by Ray Fundy. That's who did my 730 build.

Old 06-29-2007, 05:11 AM
Pro Rider

I'm really interested to see how the new BF handles. That was always my main gripe with the BF. The thing had all the great parts and pieces but handled like a pig especially when compared to the competition. It was a real shame especially when you had this great Vtwin wasted on this horrid chassis.

Now a couple of the guys in the area that had BF's put elkas on their machines and it made and incredible difference. A totally different machine. It rode nice and handled well. It cost them an arm and a leg though and it was something that should have been done at the factory. It's not like Kawasaki doesn't employ engineers who can properly valve shocks, calculate spring rates and design suspension geometry. If they had ridden the damn thing they would have known it sucked.

Anyway, here's to hoping they fixed it and they make the new BF into everything it is capable of being.

Old 06-30-2007, 08:20 PM
Trailblazer

The outty 800 will win a drag race against the bruteforce 750 every time. The outty 800 also rides a whole lot smoother then the 06 and 07 bruteforces. But if price is an issue the outty 650 would be a good atv look at cause they will beat a bruteforce 750 in a drag race also. The outty 650=55.3hp the bruteforce 750=50.1hp and the outty 800=62hp. also the outlanders come with a 3 year warranty. But all three are good atvs so cant go wrong with either one.

Quick Reply: 2007 vs 2008 brute force vs the competition