Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

New Brute?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 07:45 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Brute?

I am sure some of you have read my post on the wrecked brute 650i. I just wanted to know if you guys think it would be worth the wait on a new 08 750i or will the 07 be the better bet? I am a little worried about the new model being a first year and all. If I get the 07 brute should I get a screaming deal? Will my CDI work on a 750i?

Old 08-12-2007, 09:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Brute?

I am not sure, but I imagine that the CDI would work on the new efi 750i BF. As far as a new model, the only things they did from what I understand is add efi, which kawie has had on other motorcycles and change the suspension geometry. I would make a safe bet and say it will be no problem getting a new efi 750i BF. As a matter of fact, I am waiting for my local dealer to get one in so I can test it out and compare it to my 05 750i BF. I am considering selling my 05 750i bf with all the mods and getting a new efi 750i bf b/c I want the efi. Then I will add new mods to it. Furthermore, I was just about to send my 05 750i bf to have highlifter put a nice lift kit and clutch kit on it, but when I heard about the new efi 750i bf coming out, I put that on hold so I can test the new one out.

Old 08-14-2007, 01:29 PM
Trailblazer
Default New Brute?

700Vtwinman,

Let me ask you this, since you are one of the few guys that own both of the quads I am most interested in. If you had to do it all over again, and could only buy one, the Sportsman 800 or the new 08' BF 750, what would you do?

I feel the Brute has the nod on performance, my question is "by how much?". The advantages of the Sportsman is focused more on the ride quality, handling, and EFI, but these things have seemingly been addressed with the 08'. I am anxious to hear about your test ride, and your thoughts on the new Brute compared to your 05'. I'm going to own one of these two quads in the next few weeks. Either way, I think I'll be happy.

Thanks!

Old 08-14-2007, 05:58 PM
Pro Rider
Default New Brute?

That's a tough question. You have to determine what you mostly will use the quad for.....fun ridding, mudding, exploring, utility work, towing....etc. Before I answer, let me give you the reasons why I have both.

1. I have been blessed to afford both and I know who has blessed me.
2. I purchased the kawie750i for the power, torque, fun riding, mud riding, etc.
3. I then purchased the sp800efi X2 DLX because I wanted a quad that was legal to ride 2 riders on the national forest, one that I could do utility work at the farm and on the deer lease, and to tow.

The sp800 X2 has the hidden 2nd seat and the 400# capacity dump bed which sold me on it. Now the comparison.

POWER & TORQUE: The brute has the slight edge in stock form and now with the ignition module and jet kit, it is more.
RIDE COMFORT: The sp800 hands down.
UTILITY ASPECT: The sp800 hands down b/c of the dump bed. I do have a front basket rack and a cargo seat box on my bf, but the dump bed is awesome if you ever need it.
MUDDING: Both do good, but the bf750 is better.
SLOW TRAIL RIDING: Both are good, but the sp800 has the comfort aspect that gives it the edge.
FAST TRAIL RIDING: Again both are good and I call this one a tie.

Now to your question, since I can get all utility work, trail riding, comfort, great power and a 2nd seat, I would lean towards the sp800 X2, although they now only make it in the 700 and 500. But, not to have that vtwin power of the bf for fun trail riding and mudding is hard to pass up. So, ask yourself do you need the utility aspect more than the fun aspect or vise versa. That should steer you in the right direction. BUT THE BOTTOM LINE IS............RIDE BOTH. There is nothing better than riding a quad for yourself to give you a feel that no one can really describe b/c everyone of us will ride the same quad differently. Hope this helps and I will update about the new 750efi BF when I get a chance to ride one.

Old 08-14-2007, 06:11 PM
Trailblazer
Default New Brute?

Thank You for the time you took to post. I will ride both. I am a bit discouraged because where I live (in Indianapolis area), none of the local dealers have areas to test ride the quads. On a side note, I think you and I were both blessed by the same guy. It's awesome when I find folks that acknolwledge it.

Tim

Old 08-14-2007, 10:52 PM
Range Rover
Default New Brute?

Well guys I have sold my 650i. I should have my black 07 750i by Friday. I went with the 07 because the 08 was $1000.00 more. Yes there is a dealer here in Utah with a 2008 (blue). I will post some pics when I get it. Thanks for the replies.

Old 08-15-2007, 12:53 AM
Pro Rider
Default New Brute?

Congrads on the new purchase kadiak48. Hope you enjoy it and after you have ridden it awhile, reply back and compare it to your previous 650i.

Waterhetdude, I know some dealers won't let potential buyers test ride their quads even in the parking lot. However when someone buys a new car or truck, they always test ride it and my rule is since I am spending anywhere from $4000 to $10,000, I am going to test ride it or go somewhere else. That is too much money to spend not to get some seat time. My suggestion is if they won't let you test ride it, tell them they lost your business and find a dealer that will. Even if you have to drive a hour, isn't it work getting some seat time so you and only you can know if you like the quad? I would hate to get a quad home, ride it and find out that I don't like the ride. The money is already spend by then. Anyway, good luck on whatever you do.

Old 08-15-2007, 01:28 AM
Pro Rider
Default New Brute?

I've always maintained that as expensive as ATVs have become, dealers need some sort of test drive system. I would love to see a program where if you can demonstrate you are a serious prospective buyer (have available cash or credit) and can leave a deposit of some sort and sign a legal waiver you could rent a loaner machine to test drive for a day or a weekend. You could take it to the place that you ride and use it there and get an idea of how it actually handles in the terrain you will be using it.

I mean look at what the dealers pay for advertising and look at the cost of providing an ATV for this purpose. I think it is worth the costs.

At the very least dealers should provide a riding area where a prospective buyer can operate the ATV in conditions that simulate normal riding conditions. A paved or gravel parking lot or a grass lawn doesn't cut it.

To expect a person to walk into a dealership and drop 10,000 dollars on an ATV without riding it in expected operating environment is ridiculous. It's something that ATV manufacturers and their dealer networks really need to address. Unfortunately I doubt they will.

Old 08-15-2007, 11:45 PM
Pro Rider
Default New Brute?

Im kinda dissapointed kodiac. haha, you made a great decision but i was much more interested in seeing how the 08 handles with a trail rider. Seems all the 08s bought so far are by mudders so i can find out how the handle and such. I bet they handle much better then the other models. But, your 07 with be great and will give you much fun. Just dont hit a boulder. haha. good luck man and enjoy. Make sure you tell us how you like it.

Old 08-16-2007, 02:16 AM
N2Q
Weekend Warrior
Default New Brute?

if you go to Kawasaki.com you can check the parts manual and cross reference the parts for the years you are wondering about.

Quick Reply: New Brute?