Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

What do you think of the kawasaki 360 Prairie!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 08:52 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you think of the kawasaki 360 Prairie!!

I am looking to buy a Kawasaki 360 Prairie but I havn't heard much about them. Do they have any problems if so what are the problems??

Old 08-29-2007, 12:53 PM
Pro Rider

Pros -
Has almost all the same features that its bigger siblings have such as engine brake, rear wet brake, fron disc brake, limited slip front diff lock, electronically selectable 2/4WD, swing arm rear susp, spin on oil filter, etc..
Good size.
CVT, if you don't like shifting.
Good low end/mid range power.
Cons -
Air/oil cooled engine (I like water cooled better)
Outdated appearance.
No dash meter.
For overall, it's a great quad for light/medium duty and/or trail riding. It all depends what you want to use it for.

Old 08-30-2007, 12:50 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!

I would add the 360 is no hot rod, top speed is around 45 for most of them. You can buy a speedometer from Kawi and add it to the dash.

I have worked the heck out of mine with no problems. Also do quite a bit of trail riding, very little mud, and find it has plenty of power for my more sedate riding style. The machine has proven to be very reliable and comfortable to ride.

Old 08-30-2007, 01:15 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your looking for a good reliable atv that is a good trail rider and doesnt get stuck. Its a great quad. BUt, its not the fastest atv around

Old 08-31-2007, 11:06 AM
Weekend Warrior

My Guy has one, and so does my Brother-in-Law. We used to ride it all the time before I got my own quad. Good quad, reliable. Not the fastest, responsive steering. One problem I had with it - it has an automatic shut off. The damn thing never wants to stay running.

Old 10-04-2007, 12:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm kinda in the market fer one myself. I understand that ya don't wanna be goin' with too aggressive of a tire on it as it just don't have the beans to pull something bigger. But I do like the simplicity of the engine, one cam and 2 valves to adjust. I'm horrified when I think of the P700 V- twin each cylinder with the 4 valves, adjusting 2 carburetors. Don't mean to sound like the cynic I am, just a realist..........

Old 10-04-2007, 12:26 PM
Pro Rider

I have had a P700 for 3 years and actually it has been very reliable and low maintenance machine, much better than BF750. Just one time valve adjustment and that was it. Too bad, Kawi doens't make it anymore. The factory set carb doesn't need adjustment unless you change other stuff. It is a water cooled engine so I know it should last longer than air/oil cooled engines. I think the longevity of the quads or any other toys mainly depends how you ride and take care of.

Old 10-04-2007, 01:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maintenance is the whole gig..........

Old 10-05-2007, 11:05 AM
Weekend Warrior

I just bought my prairie 360 over a week ago, took it hunting. The ATV is great for what I want it to do. I'm still in the break in period, so I haven't gone over 20-22 mph. Everyone says it's not that fast, but I don't need to go 75, 45 is just fine for tooling around in the hills and trail riding.

I installed the speedometer and also upgraded to the 6 ply mudlites. If you can, get the best tire right from the start, I got 100 bucks trade in for the ones on the atv, plus I took the safety training, got another 100. With those, it paid for my tire upgrade.

Old 10-05-2007, 12:00 PM
Pro Rider

You made a very good point about your selection and are doing everything right from the beginning. Just understand how CVT works on your quad and be careful not to cause any damage such as glazing/burning the belt. About the top speed, even on my 750, I rarely go over 50 mph for what I use. There is no need for such high speeds over 50+ mph for what I use for and can't go that fast on the terrain where I am. I just need lots of bottom end torque.

Quick Reply: What do you think of the kawasaki 360 Prairie!!