Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

need some info on bf 750

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 10:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some info on bf 750

i currently own an arcticcat atv. this machine has gone through everything. i have recently been looking around for a new atv and i was looking at cats again but i offered a great deal by a local dealer they offered me an 07 bf 750 for 5999. i like the machine but i know nothing about them. im looking for an atv that will pull drag plow snow etc. with no hassle my 400 cat does it without even breathing heavy. i need a reliable atv that will ocnquer rocks mud water etc. im looking for as much good and bad info on these atvs as possible. not to be rude but i dont want to deal with kawi rules cat sucks type of ranting im looking for honest pros and cons of the machine. what are the strong points what are the weak points. also im going to go with the blue if i buy this atv its supposedly similar to a car paint job how does it hold up does it show scratches badly. hows the fuel economy on these things. without getting technical what are you guys getting for top speeds. i know this question is loaded and i hate even asking it but im just wondering what there capable of. and hows the lever that controls the difflock hold up how does it work for that matter i dont get the concept of the more you pull the lever the more the diff locks thank you all for you info i greatly apprecitate it

Old 10-17-2007, 12:17 AM
Range Rover

most dealers would like to get rid of the 2007's now and make room for the 08's, so now is the time to get a good deal . the brute force 750 is well worth $5999.00, OMG! thats a great deal! I paid more for my new 2007 brute force 650I and I think I got a good deal! the two are very similar . I looked at 750's also when I baught mine and decided to go with the 650I price. I have done river crossings, mud, logs, hills, boulders, rocks with no hessitation from the brute. when you want to lock the differental you just hold the lever in, when your done, let go of the lever, and it's off. I realy love mine, best of luck , happy shopping.

Old 10-18-2007, 02:40 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Excellent blow-out Price on the '07, buy it..
I have the Blue BF too, it will show scracthes but just put on some good car wax & buff out the scrathes, looks new again.
The Frt Dif is variable, the more you pull it in the more dif loc you have, pull it in all the way in & you have Full dif loc, then when you don't need it just let go of the yellow lever & the Dif loc is disengage.
Pros:
Tons of power, good handling but the Shocks are a bit firm.
Very reliable, never have I had any major issues with my two BF750's, had two recalls on the '05 but both were takin care of with the Dealer. The '07BF has been perfect, presently @ 750 miles/57 hrs.
CVT belt is a no issue anymore on the BF's, unless you use the taller & Heavier tires, then you will need to upgrade your clutching.
CONS:
The seat on the '07BF is firmer than the Cat but can be fixed as well, I cut out a section of my seat foam & in its place I put in a section of a Polaris 800 foam, very comfy seat now..
No storage on the BF but if you use rack bags that will fix that too.
Stock tires Suck, they are good for nothing.
Other Facts:
I push snow easy with this VTwin 750 motor, doesn't even break a sweat.
I've had my BF750 up to 68mph on the Highway with the speed limit of 55, it moves along just fine.
15mpg is what I avg but I am a very agressive rider..
You will love this VTwin Motor, low to mid range is the powerband.

Old 10-18-2007, 03:45 AM
Weekend Warrior

The yellow lever he is talking about is great. There is a down fall to it though. On solid ground, or mud thats not real deep its great, if you get into something really deep and pull the lever back and get heavy on the gas. Hope that you dont catch a root or traction with a front tire. Thats called the $1000 dollar lever. if you get traction the locker will most likely break and its about a $1000 dollars to fix...

Old 10-18-2007, 08:39 PM
Pro Rider

You Never pull in the Yellow Dif loc lever if the front tires are spinning fast or you will bust the frt end. I only use it in slow situations like crawling over logs/rocks & other slippery stuff, works great. I have been using this Kawasaki dif loc now since the '02 Prairie 650, never have had any problem with it. The frt dif loc was Not designed for fast riding or powering thru a deep muddy hole @ high RPM's , as you can feel in the heavy pull/turning on the handlebars when u have the Dif-loc engaged.

Old 10-19-2007, 11:31 AM
Range Rover

the dif lock is to be used in 4-low only, yes, for slow crawl stuff, boulders, very steep hills, logs etc. I have never heard of the dif being variable! it's either on full or off, just like in my Jeep. maybe it's differnt on the 750's. mmm

Old 10-23-2007, 12:05 AM
Range Rover

keep ur cat! no brute!!!!!!!!! i have an 07, and im not impressed, at all!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-23-2007, 01:16 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: BruteForceButton

the dif lock is to be used in 4-low only, yes, for slow crawl stuff, boulders, very steep hills, logs etc. I have never heard of the dif being variable! it's either on full or off, just like in my Jeep. maybe it's differnt on the 750's. mmm</end quote></div>

All of the Kawasaki's that have the Yellow Dif lever is a Varible Locker, even states so in the Manual. Try it out sometime, you can Feel the difference btw not fully locked in & fully locked in. Just pull on the yellow lever half- way towards the handlebar, then drive in either 4wd High or 4WD low, works both in High & low range but only in 4wd. Now pull the yellow lever all the way to the handlebar, you now have Full diff lock & the steering will let you know.

I can only state my Brutes proformance but I Do Not use this BF for mud, no Big tires either, just fast trail riding & 4x4ing in dirt, hence the reason I upgraded to the WORKS Suspension. The '08BF750 EFI is even better.

Old 10-23-2007, 11:56 PM
Weekend Warrior

problems with my brute so far: rear main seal went at 400km, and bent steering (still not sure how i did this)

it was warrenty'd tho, but I still love it. I beat on it pretty hard and it still comes back for more