Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Is this a good deal?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 06:12 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this a good deal?

I was at a dealer today and got quoted of $7440.00 for the Metallic Blue BF 750 EFI; otherwise I could get most other colors cheaper......about 200 bucks. Reason why Metallic Blue is painted. One other question I was wondering would be, would you purchase an extended Warranty plan from Kawasaki. I was quoted $510 for 1 year, $544 for 2 years and $603 for 3 years and so on. Normally, I would never buy this but I never owned a Kawasaki before and was not sure of their reliability.
Thanks
PS I need to know by this Thursday because thats when the deal will run out. I'm not sure why? Maybe because Friday its Feb. 1st and the deal they have ends.

Old 01-26-2008, 10:29 PM
Pro Rider

That price is about right.I paid $7400 plus tax in Wisconsin for blue but they gave me $400 more for my trade then it was worth.I could have gotten regular color for $7300 O.T.D.Extended warranty price they gave you is negotiable -have seen $200 difference on 4 year plan.It is well worth the money with any machine with labor rates at$75-$85 a hour and the price of parts on todays machines.You may never use it but it"s a cheap insurance policy.I have had two Kawi ATVS-now my third and have not had one back too dealer yet.

Old 01-26-2008, 11:02 PM
Trailblazer

He is gig'n you on the warranty. Down here in Dallas TX there are 2-3 dealers that sell them at wholesale or what they call hold back dealers. They are selling the plain colors for 6950,blue for 7050, camo 7250, NRA 7400 farm use (non tax) sales tax is 6.25% here if you are not farm use. They are also doing the $69 Warn winch and mounting plate promotion through January 31st. They quoted me the 4yr warranty for 375 if I bought it at the time of purchase. He said he does it to sell a warranty and he recommends it since it is a high tech hot rod with all the actuators and EBC stuff. January is a very hard/slow month for ATV sales it is a buyers market right now. What market are you in? I would look through the local cycle trader magazine and find your local wholesale dealer. Watch for freight and prep fees also.
I am about to buy A BF or KQ here. I am offering them 800 under MSRP out the door, they will take it farm use non tax.
I would offer him 7500-7600 out the door with winch kit and 4yr warranty or plus tax if you are not exempt.

I went to one dealer in the fancy part of town last year and they were ready to stick it in my pooper. They said it was the first one in town etc and it was msrp 7,800 plus 399 freight and prep, and 800 for a 4yr warranty. I told them I would bring my new machine by along with the receipt for much less. I went by last week and they were apologizing and begging for my business. They said the sales manager was fired and they are hurting cause it's January they will deal gladly..

Old 01-26-2008, 11:11 PM
Trailblazer

connection issues..

Old 01-26-2008, 11:13 PM
Trailblazer

that is an adverage price on the blue but you can get the warranty way cheaper....I paid $450 for 4 years for the kawie extended warranty

Old 01-26-2008, 11:24 PM
Pro Rider

Don't get that winch they offer for $69-it"s junk.Buy xt2500 or xt3000.Go on ebay and your find those winches all over the place for little or nothing.

Old 01-27-2008, 02:01 AM
Trailblazer

I disagree Force, it is a Warn RT25 which is the same as the XT/RT30 minus the remote wireless. Both winches use the same motor and gears. The XT's have the synthetic rope. they also give you a roller fairlead and mounting plate. For 69 bucks it is cheaper than the Chinese winches on eBay for $130.

Old 01-27-2008, 05:35 PM
Trailblazer

TX CAMO, you asked me what Market I was in? Well unfortunately I live in northern Wisconsin and this year we had more snow then in the past few years. That being said most ATV dealers are also snowmobile dealers too. They have said this is the best start to the new year in years so I sure there not willing to deal too much on ATV's as of now. Right now I wish I lived in TX. But would never root for the Cowboys. Sorry. Go Pack!

I do plan on going to another dealer Monday or Tuesday (40 miles away), they offered me 7435.00 for BF 750 blue. I never did ask them about the warranty but I will now.

Old 01-27-2008, 07:29 PM
Pro Rider

You can buy the warranty over the phone from any dealer in the USA.Just check around and find out which dealer is giving the best deal on the warranty and buy it over the phone.If dealer where you would take your machine for warranty work does not give you good service because you didn't buy it from him then your dealing with a bad dealer that you shouldn't be going to anyway.

Old 01-28-2008, 12:14 AM
Trailblazer

My dealer give you the warranty at cost as a courtesy for you buying a 8K dollar machine from him, yours should do the same. Look in the cycle trader I am sure you have a wholesale dealer near you.

Quick Reply: Is this a good deal?