Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

kfx700?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 10:36 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kfx700?

i am considering a 2007 kfx700. what are there common problems? whats there top speed? are they easy to get parts for? are they worth the price? can they eat up a yamaha yfz450 or blaster660?

, thanks

Old 03-20-2008, 11:24 PM
Pro Rider
Default kfx700?

They are a good quad but its not for everyone. They certainly are not an mx type quad because of their weight but there are a ton of mods for them and the V-twin is a reliable torque monster! If you mainly are gonna trail ride it then I would upgrade the shocks (definetly the front) and go to heavier tie-rods.A spring like the dalton blue or the epi pink or maroon will definetly wake up the cvt. A muzzy two into one exhaust, filter,jets and the 12 hole airbox mod will get the big V twin breathing better and give you more performance. They can be made very fast and the mods are almost endless on the v twin but remember other bikes can be moded too!!! It's tit for tat when it comes to modding!! I love mine because I was just tired of shifting!! Getting old I guess!!lol. Check out Metal Aliens Superbeast on youtube!! It is a wild super fast ride!!! People bitch about its weight and handling but I personaly dont get what all the crying is about, I'm a big guy(6-1, 240) and I have no problems with it! Have fun!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-20-2008, 11:39 PM
Pro Rider
Default kfx700?

While i'm thinking about it....check out kfx700.net....RPM,ENIGMA, KTM, BUBASOFFROAD,CAMO V....those guys...they have alot of expierience and give some good advice and tips on the kfx!! Enjoy!!....sorry for the double post! The V doesn't get alot of attention here but there are some good folks on here from time to time as well. Qwoder, Vbalz,DocTurbo as well as some brute force guys are helpful on here...to name a few...as far as the kfx goes.

Old 03-20-2008, 11:55 PM
Pro Rider
Default kfx700?

stillV1 about summed it all up.A stock kfx will not outrun the 450s or raptor 660.you might hang with them a little on take off but it wont take long for them to pass you.

Old 03-21-2008, 12:23 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default kfx700?

I bought a new KFX 700 in February. I was told by experience riders don't buy it because it's automatic. Well, I'm glad I got the bike. It's easy and fast. I did some drag racing and I was beating many people on their bikes. They had to get a close look at my bike for modifications but it's stock. The Bombardier 650 is a fast bike but that day when we raced I was the king of the hill. I raced that bike about 10 times. Different people road the bike making sure what they saw was true. I call my bike the green harnet.

Old 03-21-2008, 12:59 AM
Trailblazer
Default kfx700?

alright i'l look into that, thanks for the reply!

Old 03-21-2008, 01:36 AM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default kfx700?

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: vinman18

i am considering a 2007 kfx700. what are there common problems? whats there top speed? are they easy to get parts for? are they worth the price? can they eat up a yamaha yfz450 or blaster660?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

, thanks</end quote></div>

My Father has one and I've ridden it several times.....

Personally I hate the thing, it handles like a tank compared to my z400...... but some people like that...

As far as speed goes my Father and I have raced dozens of times and when both were stock it was a close race. Depending on who got off the line first, that was who would stay ahead.....

Top speed though he would run out of gearing while I was still pulling RPMs in 5th gear so I would pull away....

Last summer he did a dual exhaust and jettings, a new belt and a clutch and spring kit and now he beats me by about two quad lengths or more in the same race.

So now this summer I'm going to do a pipe and kit and we will see if I can close that gap back up.....

Reliability wise his has been decent. He has toasted the ball-joints by jumping it on our MX track but beyond that it has been pretty solid. He has also had a few quirky electrical problems.

I will say if you are coming off a smaller sport ATV like any 400 or 450 you are going to find it very odd to ride.... it is tall and wide in the saddle, it feels bulky....

But it has enough power and torque and quick steering so it does not feel sluggish for it's size.

They are not for everyone but those who have them would not trade them for anything.....

Old 03-22-2008, 11:21 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default kfx700?

dude 1 of my friends has a kfx700 and that thing is skank nasty! its the best trail bike ever made! it has unbelievable power i love it. if ur gonna do mods 2 it dont put any exhaust on it except the muzzys f/s. he put a s/o hmf on and lost lots of power at the top end gained sum at the bottom though. later he put on the muzzys and the power was every where! i think they can beat a 450 no questions asked if can keep the front end down, its sluggish of the line. its a good drag bike sum1 at school has 1 and he put a wheelie bar on it, muzzys, 85 hp nitrous!!! ya dead serios! he smokes the 450's, and hes got sum kinda cluth kit 4 it which comes in handy for drag. but ya i would look in2 gettin 1 u can never get tired of the power, its comfertable and the best trail bike ever. they sound sooooo sweet cuz of the v-twin expessially w/ the muzzys it sounds like a harley and it makes it a little quiker at reving. def look in2 gettin 1 though!

Old 03-23-2008, 02:07 AM
Range Rover
Default kfx700?

I don't think you will eat up a yfz 450 in stock form and stillV1 said other quads can be moded too

Old 03-25-2008, 01:12 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default kfx700?

I got an 08 KFX700. I raced several guys at the dirt dragstip at Durhmtown. I raced, and easily beat, a DVX400, YFZ450, 450r, Z400 and LT-R450. You'll beat those quads all day long in a straight shot, but you'll get murdered in the woods, the 700 is just too heavy, especially if you're in a hilly environment, it's really really hard to get it slowed down while coming down a hill (compared to the guys on the 400/450s you'll be riding with). Stopping 520+ pounds is alot harder than stopping 350 pounds (and they can ride the clutch down also).

Quick Reply: kfx700?