Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

bruteforce 750

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 09:06 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bruteforce 750

my 05 brute got swamped it wouldnt idle and would barely pulloff but once it got moving it was fine. I cleaned everything out changed the oil and put it back together , now it will only do 45 and takes a while to get there I cant figure out why it has no power.

Old 03-26-2008, 01:36 AM
Range Rover
Default bruteforce 750

ever tested the compression? or the plug(s)

Old 03-26-2008, 05:32 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default bruteforce 750

yes I replaced the plugs,what I cant understand is why it had more power when it was running bad now it seems to be running right it just doesnt want to go. before I worked on it it would still pull the front tires up, now it doesnt back fire it doesnt shut off but its slow, I havent tested the compression but I really dont think the engine is hurt. Is there anything in the belt cover that I could have not put back together correctly that would cause this? I am just confused at this point I just traded my Hayabusa for this 4 wheeler and some cash now I have nothing to ride.

Old 03-26-2008, 05:58 PM
Range Rover
Default bruteforce 750

I'm not really familiar with Bruteforces or any 4x4's for that matter...but obviously something isn't working right.

are you sure water didn't get sucked through the intake or anything like that? Did it stall when swamped (water might've trickled in somewhere while stalled if so).

It could also possibly your throttle cable or something to do with the carb. You'd be surprised of how much crap lurking in dirty water can get stuck in the wierdest little places. It might not be able to fully open=no power.

The other thing that comes to mind is maybe the timing somehow changed. A few degrees of change can make a world of a difference. If your plugs are fine, then it I assume your timing should be fine as well.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Old 03-26-2008, 06:23 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default bruteforce 750

I replaced the plugs, drained all of the gas out and replaced it, cleaned the air filter, cleaned out the air box, and after running it I took the carbs off and sprayed them out with carb cleaner I dont know anything about atvs Im used to sport bikes Im now thinking I messed up getting rid of my busa, I HAVE to get this thing fixed soon its driving me nuts I just know its some stupid little thing wrong with it that Im just overlooking and no one else has ever heard of thanks for the advice if theres anything else you think of please write back.

Old 03-26-2008, 07:40 PM
Range Rover
Default bruteforce 750

not a problem man, sorry I couldn't help more, but I would reccomend taking it to a shop. I hate to say that, but I'm out of suggestions unless someone else has some guidance for ya.

hope you get it fixed

Old 03-26-2008, 09:46 PM
Pro Rider
Default bruteforce 750

My step-son burried his in a mudhole and had to take it to the dealership. It had mud in the float bowls of the carbs and his had the same type of symptoms. He also tried using carb cleaner and everything else. It idled good but ran like crap. Might want to check on this as well! Good luck.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-27-2008, 02:27 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default bruteforce 750

Tear down those CARBS, running cleaning fuild thru them isn't going to do the job.

Old 03-27-2008, 11:53 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default bruteforce 750

go through the belt reset procedure in your manual
try that

Old 03-27-2008, 11:55 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default bruteforce 750

the bowls were a little dirty 1 of the jets were clogged runs a little better from a stop still only 45mph anybody got a bike they want to trade for a 4 -wheeler.jk.thankyou for all suggestions at this point ill try near about anything as I cant really afford to take it to a dealer right now.

Quick Reply: bruteforce 750