Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

What is the right tire for me ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 12:00 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the right tire for me ?

Hello, i have a 2002 Kawasaki Mojave 250 and i ride it almost every other day. I usually go over my buddies house. He has a swamp with a lot of mud. I need help on deciding on which tire i should get. Interco swamp lites or Mudlite AT's. I heard great things about swamp lites in the mud, i heard they work well, but how do mud lites work in the mud. I have heard they slick over easily, (is that true) are they a great tire for mud?Is there an other good tire out there for mud and swamp, (mostly mud)? Any suggestion would help!
-----------------------
Kawasaki Mojave 250
NEED NEW TIRES FOR MUD!

Old 06-23-2008, 04:42 PM
Pro Rider

I have MudBugs on the Honda and they are great for mud but suck for comfort and ride (and absolutely useless in any winter ice conditions).

On the Kawi, Carlise XLR's and the ride is 1000% better and muddin is still real good.

For the $$, I would prefer the Carlise's for overall performance.

Old 06-23-2008, 04:46 PM
Pro Rider

mudlites make a great trail mud tire

Old 06-23-2008, 08:56 PM
Pro Rider

I personally like the Swamp Lites, mostly because they work well for me in my swamp. I have also heard the Mudlites slick over easily but have no proof. The Swamp Lite is a very smooth riding tire as can be said about the Mudlites. I've also heard of GBC Gators being pretty good but they look a lot like the Maxxis Mud Bugs so they probably would not have too smooth of a ride. Other than those, there really aren't too many mud tires made for 2x4 ATVs, mostly because people who ride in the sticky stuff a lot buy 4x4 ATVs.

Old 06-23-2008, 09:34 PM
Pro Rider

interco swamp lites all the way

Old 06-24-2008, 10:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

I might be crazy but I have Carlisle AT489's on the back of mine. They hook up great in the mud. They hook up a little too hard in semi soft clay and grass but personally i don't mind 2 wheeling it sometimes.

Old 06-24-2008, 11:15 PM
Pro Rider

If he/she is talking about the kind of swamp I have, a few spins of the tire and they are caked. The clay I have is really slippery and VERY sticky.

Trending Topics

Old 06-24-2008, 11:24 PM
Range Rover

really ,is the mud you go through thick and really hard to drive in or is it easy and less thick mud. Aslo do you have any pictures of you going through mud... if you do it would really help me out if you can post one. I have a lot of mud to go through and it is thick and lots of thick clay too. So if they are great tires through thick mud... please tell me it would really help!!
-----------------------
Mojave
NEED MUD TIRES!!

Old 06-25-2008, 01:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

Your mojave has a similar frame to the old Lakota if I'm not mistaken. If it has similar tires to what mine had stock (Goodyear Wrangler) just about anything will work better in just about anything they were the perfect tire to have if you wanted less than exceptional performance under all conditions. My riding covers a lot of different terrain which changes rapidly, dirt, hard clay, soft clay, slimy clay, washouts with some thick slimy mud, large boulders, smaller rocks, trails, grass fields, you name it. As far as it goes for me I don't have problems with them slicking over and the ride is pretty darn good. I don't do 300 ft mud bogs because I don't have any. I do go through a decent amount of slimy clay through washouts etc. but their not more than 100 feet and I'm back in the rocks and heading up the mountain again.

If it were me and I were looking at spending most of my time in the slop I might look at the Swamp lites. they look like they would clean out better than the Mud Lites. But for what I do and where I go what I have seems to hook up better than most--most of the time. Depending on what your doing and where your going your ultimate setup will probably be different from mine or anyone else's for that matter. Also remember that qualitative comparisons have to be taken with a grain of salt. My large boulders could be your driveway--or vise versa.--Good Luck

Old 06-25-2008, 11:38 PM
Pro Rider

my friend has carlisle tires from walmart and has yet to get stuck

Quick Reply: What is the right tire for me ?