Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

k&n air with jet kit stage 1 ok?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 09:48 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default k&n air with jet kit stage 1 ok?

I dont have an exhuast yet, but i was wanting to put stage 1 jet kit with a high flow air filter, will this be fine or do i have to have a aftermarket exhaust? thanks

Old 07-11-2008, 09:55 AM
Range Rover

IMO it would be fine but you would really notice a gain if you do the exhaust at the same time. Also, when you do your exhaust you will probably end up re-jetting/ tuning the carb again. Definitely good hop-ups though. Let us know what a difference it makes.

Old 07-11-2008, 12:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

ok well, i am on a budget, and i have another ?, is a uni air filter considered a replacement stock air filter or an high air intake?, ive hear alot of bad things with the k&n about maintnence. does the k&n really make more power then a uni air filter? thanks

Old 07-11-2008, 09:42 PM
Range Rover

Any air filter that you buy that is not from the dealer will give you better performance (K&N or UNI). Having said that, if you get a filter that goes inside your existing airbox you may not get the same performance as you would with a filter that clamps directly on the back of the carburator, sometimes called a direct fit filter. A big disadvantage of a filter that clamps on the carb is that you cannot go through much water or mud because it has a high chance of sucking water in your intake. If you use a filter that goes inside your existing airbox it has a few drains after the filter that would protect you from a situation like this. Another thing you can do if you buy a filter that goes in your existing airbox is to take the duct off that goes by your airbox to under your gas tank (before it gets to the filter) but then you may be cleaning your filter a lot more often, depending on what you ride in. If when you are ordering a filter, such as from rockymountainatv.com, they ask all the details about the model of your machine, you are likely getting a filter that goes in your airbox. If when you order a filter you need to give them the inner diameter of the filter you need, then you are getting a clamp on filter. Just ask whatever company you are going with what type of filter you are getting and they should be able to tell you. Oh yeah, and as far as K&N vs UNI, I would say that the difference is marginal, but both are MUCH better than stock.