Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Kawasaki's Answer.

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 04:35 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kawasaki's Answer.

Ugh thats not good at all. Yea bad things can happen to anyone, i just pray that they dont and do the best to use my head to keep um from happening and keep on havin fun i reckon. I could be horribly wrong but i dont see Honda joinin in this at all. They still get strong sales from older generations stuck on old school, but that is their business. I just tend to take pride in the group im with, work or play and want Kawasaki to step up next year and no later lol. I was pretty much the first to have a Brute in my area and now they are everywhere down here. I like uniqueness. I dont like treehuggers who dont want MORE POWER [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Have a good day fellers

Old 08-06-2008, 05:09 PM
Trailblazer

Really any of these makers <u>especially</u> the ones that offer twins could make a lot more power with minimal cost and zero additional weight. At the "production" level a piston that offers better compresion is no more expensive to drop in than the current piston and cams with a different grind are no more expensive to drop in than the current cams. The guys that are building the Kawi twins are getting 60 rwhp out of a 715cc build with stock or at least near stock reliability. There is no reason Kawasaki shouldn't shoot for the same "rwhp" to weight ratios that the 450's are getting....or any of the big 4 atv makers for that matter.

A Susuki SV650 sport bike has a 645cc V-twin. This motor showroom stock is reported to make 73hp. They sell these bikes and much stonger bikes every day to kids that have no buisness on bikes like these....but it is always the atv's that get the bad wrap and as a result the detuned poop!

Old 08-06-2008, 05:23 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Same with there snowmobiles. They make 800 twin 4 strokes for Sleds that have 100+hp but on there ATVs a 800cc has like 50-60HP tops.

The 1000 thunderCat ATV is rated at 65hp while AC makes a 1000cc 4 stroke twin Arctic Cat Jaguar - Z1 rated at 123hp! Link

Old 08-06-2008, 05:53 PM
Range Rover

Yea thats a load of crap we are gettin ripped lol. I guess fourwheelers just attract alot more negative attention because they can be ridden in much more areas than a SNOWmobile and WATERcraft. Oh well Atleast when we get our Bruteforce 1500 we can keep up with that 600cc snowmobile lol.

Old 08-06-2008, 06:18 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Oh well Atleast when we get our Bruteforce 1500 we can keep up with that 600cc snowmobile lol. </end quote></div>

Not if its a Polaris 600 HO CFI SwitchBack snowmachine,Its rated at 125hp![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-07-2008, 02:14 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

CCs don't matter until you get them to flow and get some compression. If CC was all that mattered my lil 730 wouldn't outrun all the bigger CC machines. As of yet it dosen't have alot of trouble with them though.

Old 08-07-2008, 10:55 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: TLC

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>while the Outlander 800/650 with their weight saving frame design</end quote></div>

When I here the words "weight saving" and "frame" used together about a Utility ATV I just gringe.</end quote></div>

Yeah I know, thing is they advertise this as being a weight saving design, same as the suspensions design. They are all rather heavy anyways, so not a huge deal, just curious is all.

Comparing sled power to quad power, sleds have much different clutching as well resulting in more felt power. I know sleds smoke quads in HP, but sleds have a higher stall(the ones I have ridden anyways) so they lag a bit more but hit much harder when it engages. Quads 'ramp up' much sooner, having smoother engagement but resulting in less of a 'hit', which has an effect on felt power.

Just something to throw in there.

Old 08-08-2008, 10:42 PM
Range Rover

Ive never ridden a snowmobile but i would sure like to throw a leg over one. Maybe I could ride one down here in the heat and dust lol.

Old 08-09-2008, 06:29 AM
Trailblazer

I rode an AC 1000 triple two stroke once. It was easily the fastest anything I have ever riden or driven. When I first got on it I stabed the gas to about half throttle. I knew it was going to take off pretty hard but that thing almost jumped completely out from under me. That insane rush of power caught me by such surprise the only reason I let off the gas was because my fingers had rolled far enough off of the bars that the throttle just plain got out of reach......just like that, I was with in a whisker of rolling off of it backwards.

Old 08-09-2008, 05:10 PM
Range Rover

Lol dang that sounds fun as all get out. I want to ride one bad but obviously where i live snowmobiles relatively dont exist lol. I really dont know much about them at all, like reliability aspects,mileage, and such.

Quick Reply: Kawasaki's Answer.