Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Kawasaki's Answer.

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 03:18 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kawasaki's Answer.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: ss97

Last year some guy up here in NY rolled his Polaris into himself and drown in about 8 inches of water because he was stuck under it and could not move. I would not want to ride anything that big.....</end quote></div>

I've come very close to doing that not once, but twice. I've been riding or crossing the creeks on my farm and ended up getting pinned beneath the water. Once was a very small creek that is more or less a ditch. I was messing around, rolled it on the side and ended up getting pinned under just a few inches of water.

It's scary as hell and since both times I was riding alone it was up to me to either get out or drown my fool self. You really don't have time to panic as you're going over but once you stop moving and you feel the water around you and realize you can't move the feeling can best be described as...well...terror.

Oddly enough both places where I got into trouble are places a cross on a daily basis. Sometimes several times a day. You never know what's going to happen when you throw your leg over that machine. One of the worst wrecks I ever had on my ATV was when I was just driving down teh lane to get the mail.

Old 08-10-2008, 12:39 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kawasaki's Answer.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Kernel

Lol dang that sounds fun as all get out. I want to ride one bad but obviously where i live snowmobiles relatively dont exist lol. I really dont know much about them at all, like reliability aspects,mileage, and such.</end quote></div>

I wouldn't have thaught anything could accelerate that hard on snow. The guy that owns it explained that on 3" of snow it chews down to the dirt real quick and a studded track on frozen dirt is every bit as good as slicks on asphault. After my little experience I was a believer.