Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

what size tires for a brute force ??

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 10:33 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what size tires for a brute force ??

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
I just bought an 06 750 brute force, I'd like to put better tires on it. stock tire size is 25". should I go bigger ?? 26 or 27 ? any advantage or disadvantage that you have found ?? thanx

Old 09-28-2008, 12:09 AM
Pro Rider

I'd go with a 26" tire. It looks better (to me) and gives you a tid bit more ground clearance, and on some tires, the tread depth increases to an inch or over on tires that are 26" and up. You may experience a little bit of power loss but not enough to see a huge difference. I dont think I'd buy 27s unless you drive in a lot of mud all the time. What terrain do you ride on? I can give you tires suggestions also if I know the terrain you ride on!!

Welcome to the Forums!!

Old 09-28-2008, 10:14 AM
Weekend Warrior

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]THANK YOU FOR THE HELP,AS YOU PROBABLY GUESSED,I'M A NEWBEE TO ATVs.WE WILL BE RIDING IN MAINE ON A LOT OF DIFFERENT TYPE TRAILS, NOT A LOT OF SERIOUS MUDDING...QUITE A BIT OF HARD PACKED TRAILS SUCH AS LOGGING ROADS. I'M LOOKING AT THE KENDRA BEARCLAW IN 26". LOOKS LIKE A GOOD ALL AROUND TIRE AT A GOOD PRICE.

Old 09-28-2008, 10:16 AM
Trailblazer

I wouldnt go any bigger thana 26" tire unless you want to put in a clutch kit. Have friends who run bigger than that and they seem to burn up alot of belts. I run 26" xtr's and have over 2000 miles no problem with burnt belt but I did loose a little top end speed.

Old 09-28-2008, 11:04 PM
Pro Rider

Like ridnMT said, the ITP Mudlite XTRs are very good tires. They are radial tires so they have a very comfy ride and hook up great on what ever terrain there is. I also like my Interco Swamp Lites. They are almost a radial tire and ride smoothly and give me a lot of traction from my swamp to my hard pack trails. Tires are the HARDEST thing to choose-there's too many of them and they all look so good!!

And don't worry about the whole newb thing, we all have felt the feeling and no one on here will give you a hard time about it!! LOL (Laugh Out Loud) LOL. You will learn about this whole "World Of ATVing" pretty quickly. Just ask questions and someone will point you in the right direction. Besides, I like newbs, I can actually answer their questions and feel like I'm really helping!! LOL

The tires you mentioned are good tires but I'd go with something else IMO (In My Opinion).

Later, tell us about your first trip. I love to here about a person's first trip on their first ATV, because I know how my first trip felt. I wish I could relive the moment. Remember, take pictures!! You will miss the feeling of excitment and -I have no clue what I'm doing- once you become an experienced rider, I know I do.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Always be sure to wear your helmet, I learned from experience...trust me, you don't want to learn the hard way...

Be Safe, Have Fun, and Good Luck!!

If you have any more questions for me or someone else, feel free to ask!! And I hope I made you feel welcome![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-29-2008, 09:05 AM
Trailblazer

I've 27" mudlites on my 05 brute. Never slipped the belt and love the extra clearance.
When going over logs in the trail every inch counts. Does'nt hurt the top end either but the speedo is off.

Old 09-29-2008, 10:50 AM
Pro Rider

If you ride hard pscked trails mainly i would suggest ITP HOLESHOT ATRs. They do great on hard packed and will get you throught the normal mud holes on the trail.

Old 09-29-2008, 12:17 PM
Pro Rider

Just remember that the weakest link in the drivetrain is the rubber CVT belt on your quad.

Old 09-29-2008, 08:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]thanx suzi...didn't realize mud lites were radial, guesss they are worth the extra bucks...actualy been out a few times, have gotten into a little of everything. the brute force is an awesom machine, i love it...we got five inches of rain from hurricane kyle here in maine over the weekend, so i went out tonight to check out the trails around town, stupid thing to do by myself considering my new winch won't be here untill wed. !! anyway, got into a mud/water hole up to my seat, front end was floating, got stuck but was able to back out by rocking the machine side to side...half bald oem tires just didn't cut it !! and yes i wear a helmet...i don't care if it's "not cool"...i don't really want to become an "organ donor" !!!
thanx again, i feel like family already.

Old 09-29-2008, 10:29 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: dugpor

[IMG][/IMG]
got into a mud/water hole up to my seat, front end was floating
</end quote></div>

That's one of the worst things you can do to shorten the life expectancy of your BF - rear BUS connector corrosion, A-Arm pivot bolt bushing premature wear, mud/water injestion into engine and everywhere else under the seat, front diff bevel gear seizure, etc. If you take care of the machine, it will take care of you.

Quick Reply: what size tires for a brute force ??