Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

brute force 750 trimming rear fenders for more suspension travel

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 06:09 AM
KPC
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brute force 750 trimming rear fenders for more suspension travel

(NOTE: the problem discussed below is all related to just the rear of the brute, the front is fine)

When I was running stock wheels with 26" tires and when landing after a large jump or just hitting a bump really hard, the wheels would tuck up into the fenders and they never rubbed.

Now, I just upgraded to aftermarket ITP wheels that are wider than stock and 26" tires

What is happening is the usable suspension travel has drastically decreased because eventhough both sets of tires are 26" tall, because the new tires & wheels are wider than stock, the wider tires are no longer able to tuck up into the fenders, now the tread actually slams into the outside of the fender lip when I land after a large jump or hit a bump really hard.

I also wanted to add fender flares because the wheels stick out slightly past the fenders.

I know of 3 companies that makes fender flares for the brute.

1. Maier
2. Direction2 (sold as the name "overfenders")
3. Louder Visions

Direction2 & Louder Visions both seem to make their rear fender flares mount to the bottom of the factory fender outside lip. In turn making even less usable suspension travel. (see the bottom two pictures of the Direction2 "overfenders")

I know Maier makes fender flares, but I can't find many pictures of them. From this picture, it looks like these fender flares mount to the top side of the factory plastics rather than bolting under the bottom of the factory plastics.

So my questions are this, 1. has anyone tried the Maier fender flares, and do you have pictures. 2. are there any other brands of fender flares that flush with the top edge of the horizontal portion of the factory fender, to allow the V-Twin 750 sticker area of the factory fenders to be cut away, alowing the wider aftermarket tires the ability to tuck a little deeper into the underside of the fender.

I know that for less than $100, I can add a 2" lift, but I want to leave it at factory ride height for better handling reasons.

I really need a way to add a fender flare that mounts flush against the top side of the fender and then taking a saw, craw under the flare and cut away the outside lip of the factory fender.

Anyone ever seen this done, any info on it would be greatly appreciated.

Old 12-27-2008, 07:08 AM
KPC
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brute force 750 trimming rear fenders for more suspension travel

I just came across this picture to better explain what I'm trying to accomplish.

Here is a picture of a Kindquad with Maier flares, that appear to mount up in the manner that allows the factory fender lip to be trimmed away to allow a few more inches of suspension travel.

Has anyone added Maier fender flares to a Brute Force 750 then trimmed away the outside lip of the factory fender?