Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

What ATV will put a stupid grin on my face everytime i walk thru the garge???

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2001, 12:05 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

go with a 400EX, thats what i have and i loive it... my friend has a raptor and i beat him off the hole... i get the lead hen when we hit second or third gear he passes me, but the torque and power/acceleration on the 400 is amazing... the raptor has a dif. kind of power... ds650 is for dunes, now anything else.... raptor or 400 would be a good choice!

01 400EX yellow

Old 02-11-2001, 01:02 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Will the 400 ex wheelie in 2 and 3 gear with a stab of the throtle?I would prefer a 400 but i am used to having reverse.I think that the raptor is overkill for me,i just don't want to think in 6 months i wish i had gotten the raptor.

Old 02-13-2001, 12:55 PM
Trailblazer

I have a really nice Tecate 4 for sale.
Check it out on this web page
www.cleantecate4.homestead.com/tecate4.html

Old 02-13-2001, 02:31 PM
Pro Rider

This may help you decide.Picture back to all the riding and miles you did on your Kawasaki and now imagine you never ever had reverse!I get tired just thinking about it.I never been to Texas so maybe it's all wide open spaces and reverse is not needed though.

Old 02-13-2001, 04:54 PM
Pro Rider

I also have a T4. You can see my pics at the site below.

http://tecate4.homestead.com/index.html

Old 02-18-2001, 12:47 AM
Elite Pro Rider

and the winner is going to be a Raptor! Decided Sat. to go with a raptor. Went by a dealer today and he had 2 blue raptors.Said i wanted one,claimed the blue ones were sold. Told dealer i wanted a black and white one anyway.He came back 2 minutes later saying he had a black and white coming middle of march. Told him i would put a deposit on it Monday. Wanted to make sure the wife would still let me and the raptor live with her. Anyway the dealer is closed Monday, so i can't put the deposit until Tuesday. I hope that she never ask what it cost. 6850.00 out the door.

Old 02-18-2001, 06:49 PM
Pro Rider

14mins,

I was going to post my opinion, but withheld since I'm biased. You made the right decision in my opinion. You may have a bug to work out here or there, but in the long run, you'll be much happier. Why?

Well, for one, you'll eventually run into a situation where reverse is going to come in handy. Second, Honda won't be able to rest on their past achievments. There is already rumors of a new Honda sport quad. If you bought a 400ex, you'd likely end up with an outdated model soon. Even if they don't come out with a new one, you may end up wanting more power from a stock 400ex. It would be time for boring and so forth just to get close to the same amount of power as a stock Raptor.

I'm not knocking a 400ex though, they're a great quad, just don't have quite the features of the Raptor. I'd say the 400ex would last a long time though as long as it was left stock.

Old 02-18-2001, 10:51 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Bash-thanks for your input.I forgot if i posted it is going to be a black and white one.I'm 37 years old,doubt i will ride it to the max.I can't wait to get it.

Old 02-20-2001, 06:52 PM
Jeb
Weekend Warrior

Hey Neighbor.

Take a spin on my 1986 Kawasaki Tecate 3 wheeler...it'll put a grin on your face...guaranteed! There's a Tecate4 for sell in Victoria, TX. go to cycletrader.com and search for Tecate. The picture looks like a nice quad.

I haven't ridden my Tecate 3 but a couple of times since the Flyin P closed. It's getting time to break it out. I just live up the road from the Weatherford Motocross track on 51. I hate to get that Tecate out there playin on that mx track, assuming they'll let a trike out there anyhow. I don't want to tear it up, or myself...lol, getting to old for that. The Tecate is in too good a shape to come up short and cartwheel over a double jump or something. I also heard there's riding somewhere close to burger king in weatherford.

Old 02-20-2001, 10:14 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Jeb-bought a Black and white Raptor today at Longhorn Powersports in Weatherford. I think that it will be here the first week of March. Like i said in a previous post the only Tecate 4 i have seen went by cruising 75mph. If i was not mechanicly challenged a tecate or lt 500 would have been nice. Could have bought one of each for the price of the RAPTOR.I have 10.3 acres of land in Aledo,my parents have 155,and my little sister has 65.Plan on renting a dozer in a couple of weeks to put in a trail system.I hope that i am not snowed under with work this year so that i can play. Jeb did you by that tecate 3 new?

Quick Reply: What ATV will put a stupid grin on my face everytime i walk thru the garge???