Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

What ATV will put a stupid grin on my face everytime i walk thru the garge???

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2001, 10:32 AM
Jeb
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unfortunately, no I did not buy my Tecates new. I wish I would have. I have had the 86 and a 1984 Tecate for a few years now. I also still have my first ride, a 1982 Honda ATC 70, that I got for Christmas that year. It doesn't run, but is in great shape. I drug it out of Mom and Dad's shed to get it running for my kids to ride.
Last Summer, the main bearings started to go on my 84 Tecate, so I'm rebuilding it. I've got it torn down. I'm splitting the cases and going back with all new bearings and seals, boring and sleeving the cylinder for fresh top end. It has a DG Pipe and a 38mm flat slide mikuni carb. It's ugly, but it's a rocket. It handles awesome due to a +2" WestCoast swingarm and a +6" wider axle. While the motor's apart, I'm polishing the cases and gonna have the swingarm and frame painted. Need to have the the rear shock serviced and re-seal the forks. Except for the boring & sleeving, shock work and painting, I'm just taking my time and doing the rest of the work myself. I need to go ahead and replace the rear axle bearings and seals on my 86 Tecate, it's got a little slop in them. It's stock except for aluminum bars and a PRM desert grab rail. The stickers are a little rough and the plastic is not perfect, but it is a nice, clean, mechanicaly-sound ATV. A true survivor and I take good care of it.

That's awesome you're getting a Raptor! I've been thinking about one myself. It's the first 4 wheeler I've really been interested in and like the looks of since the Tecate-4. It's also cool you've got access to land locally. My parents have 40 acres and my Grandparents have 500. But that's all an hour's drive away now. I didn't know how good I had it growing up. Just walk outside and ride! I need to get me a few acres.
Oh well, I've rambled enough. Congratulations on the Raptor!! Maybe I'll join your ranks in a few months.