Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Brute Force water down the intake!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 09:24 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brute Force water down the intake!!!!

Hey guys need a little help here. Bottom line is engine was at normal running temp and water went down the intake. Not gallons but a good amount, enough that it makes it smoke pretty heavily. Drained the oil 4 times and still smokes and still looks milky. After an oil change the smoke was very minimal but after running it for just a minute longer it became just as heavy as it was. I tore down the top half of the engine and everything looks just fine...I mean everything. Valves, piston, sleeves have normal wear, and rings seem to be just fine. They do not seem to have lost their tension or tensile strength. What do I do? Thanks

Old 04-19-2009, 09:46 PM
Range Rover

only thing i would be afraid of is hydrolocking and bending the rod. did the motor stall/lock up? or did it just take it in and stay running and pump it through? if it was the later, then i would just keep an eye on the milky oil(which is not good) and keep changing it until you get all of the water out. water through the motor isn't going to wear anything out except bearings from lack of oil. old timers would actually run water through carbs to clean carbon off of the valves and piston(talking a very small amount), but if it locked up and stalled out, you might have bent the rod from hydro locking the motor.

Old 04-20-2009, 02:13 PM
Weekend Warrior

No nothing like this happened. I have ran it and everything after the fact. No knocking or unusual noise. I have already taken down the top part of the engine. The guy at the dealer here in town just told me that it is more than likely the rings. He said you will not be able to tell if the tensile strength is gone. So my question is, where is the cheapest place to buy the rings? Thanks man

Old 04-23-2009, 05:27 PM
Weekend Warrior

have you tried checking on EBAY there are all kinds of replacement parts on there as well as bikebandit.com as OEM and aftermarket parts for all makes and models.

Old 04-23-2009, 06:34 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default milky oil

i have heard and seen to be true that it takes about 8 oil changes to get all the water out. just use cheap oil and change the filter once until the oil is clear again. The oil when i;ve seen it done was still milky at 4 tries. Once the oil is clear drain the cheap oil and remove the filter. Put in good oil and a new filter. This way you don't waste money on good oil just to get the water out.

Old 04-25-2009, 09:32 PM
Pro Rider

I just swamped mine and took 20 liters to get mine clean and she smoked for almost 10 km's afterwards too. And remember to clean and/or replace the filter a few times too (just use the cheap car or crap ones until the oil is clean)!!

If water/oil mix got into the exhaust, it will take some time to burn off. Leave it running at idle for a long time once you get the oil clean (and use some Sea Foam when doing it), then run it for a quick drive, drain it again and just keep trying it as long as it's not noisy or losing power. If she still smokes after the oil is clean and you've driven it alot, shes hurt.

Here is my oil from start to finish:

Attached Thumbnails Brute Force water down the intake!!!!-atv-pictures-028.jpg   Brute Force water down the intake!!!!-atv-pictures-031.jpg   Brute Force water down the intake!!!!-atv-pictures-033.jpg  
Old 04-29-2009, 08:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

Ok Im getting back to you guys a little late, sorry about that and thanks for all the replys alot of help. I did get the parts in so we will see how things turn out. THanks again