Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Brute Force Owners I need your help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 12:00 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brute Force Owners I need your help!

Hey guys I am in the planning stages for a project that is going to be based around a brute force 750 powerplant and I really could use some help from those of you who have the tech know how to help me out. I am planning to build a single seater micro rock crawler tube buggy. I am going to use suzuki samurai Axles front and rear with a brute force engine offset in the middle of the chassis next to the driver. I am planning to run between 31-33 inch tires and a overall weight of around 1100-1400 pounds ( I figure this is within what the tyrx's are weighing in at so it shouldnt be an issue). The info I need right now is:

The dimensions of the powerplant I.E. how tall how long and the widest point.
The best hp and torque outputs people are getting with modified motors without comprimising to much reliability.
How much output is the alternator capable of putting out? And are there aftermarket options?
Where are the front and rear drive outputs located on the motor in relation to the overall dimensions?
Which way does the power output in the transmission turn in relation to the clutch?
Where can I find a brute force motor and how much do they run on average?

I know there are alot of questions here and I am doing my own research but there is so much tech to figure out here I am hoping someone savi on these powerplants will take pity on my and help me out. I picked this motor because I used to own a kfx 700 and loved it (other than the weight for a sport quad) and I bleed green and would love to have a kawi powered buggy (the only kawi powered buggy too!) Thnx for reading any help at all would be Really Really apreciated!

Old 07-26-2009, 09:28 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can not help on anything you asked but can make a very uneducated suggestion. It is about your axles. You may want to look for the gears out of a geo/chevy tracker to place in your axles. I think the ones you would want would be from a tracker with auto tranny. They should be apx a 5.12 ratio. I have not owned a sammi but have wheeled with them and heard this mentioned. So check out some 4x4 forums first.