Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

2 Seater Brute Force?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 06:24 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 Seater Brute Force?

I read somewhere that they were coming out with a 2 seater brute force. Has anyboby heard about this? If so where could i find out more about it? Thanks!

Old 10-06-2009, 08:08 AM
Trailblazer
Smile re brute force two seater

I asked a kawi dealer the same question two years ago. At the time they had no plans to make any. The biggest opponents to two up machines are , Honda , Yamaha and Kawasaki. Its interesting to here that same question arising again. I had an 07 500 polaris x2 ,now I have a Can am 650 max and I don't mind the extra long wheel base.

Old 10-07-2009, 12:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

It is interesting that the manufacturers in the US and Canada have two seaters but those out of Japan do not. Probably something to do with it. later

Old 10-08-2009, 03:39 AM
Trailblazer
Default Two seaters

I wonder why Kawi hasn't made a two seater yet? The x2 out sells all the other polaris models combined. There is obviously a demand for two up machines. When I was on the market for a new ride I would have bought kawi, I really like their engines.

Old 10-08-2009, 10:27 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by dnkrm
It is interesting that the manufacturers in the US and Canada have two seaters but those out of Japan do not.
Good point and there is a reason.
Some time early in 2000, Japanese ATV manufacturers (Hon, Kaw, Suz & Yam) made an agreement NOT to exceed a certain maximum weight on ANY of their ATVs for whatever reason.... In order to carry two people, ATV would have to have a bigger/stronger frame and bigger/more powerfu engine which would certainly increase the weight. Currently all of their ATV is already at or near that weight limit.

The good news is that they decided to cancel this agreement just recently.
The bad news is that ATV sales have been going steadily going downhill since mid 2000's. Instead, UTV/SXS (such as Rhino, Razer, Teryx) have become very popular. I will doubt if these companies would invest mucho $$ to for R&D, retooling to make 2-up ATV models in this kind of economy. They kind of miss the timing.

Old 10-08-2009, 02:09 PM
Trailblazer
Default two seaters

I remember reading about the weight limit, 600lbs was the target. Honda was also concerned about handling due to the extra person on the bike.You had mentioned atv sales were declining, the Canadian market has seen a shift in recent years with atv's outselling sled's. The utv point you made is interesting, there not allowed on the roads here or the trails as yet. I never really noticed the popularity of them having an impact, but it sheds some light on the increased exposure in the atv magazines.

Old 10-08-2009, 02:24 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

I think a lot of people who are married or couples or grownups with kids are going to the 2 seaters to save money. They may be a couple thousand more than a single seater but you don't have to buy 2 quads. Big savings. I bought my X2 because my wife doesn't want to drive. She just wants to go out on an occassional ride. I would have looked at Kawasakis, Suzukis, or Yamahas if they had something as versatile as the X2. The only reason I'd shy away from Honda is that they still don't have true 4wd yet. Otherwise, I like them.

Old 10-08-2009, 03:24 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by mudfinder

there not allowed on the roads here or the trails as yet.
Come to south.
Here you can ride your ATV/UTV to restaurants, banks, gas stations, or drive to work in some states as long as you have a DMV license tag which is issued if you put basic DOT required equipment such as mirrors, horn, turn signals, etc. People easily spend thousands of $$ to soup up their UTV here, way more than on typical ATV.
Name:  AZ010.jpg
Views: 1273
Size:  115.0 KB

Name:  AZ008.jpg
Views: 1332
Size:  183.6 KB

Name:  AZ009.jpg
Views: 1256
Size:  138.9 KB

As I usually say, w/o pic is a BS.

Just like 3-wheelers went away, I am even thinking ATV might fade away (but for a different reason as I stated earlier) due to populairity of UTV.

Old 10-08-2009, 03:36 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Originally Posted by mudfinder
I wonder why Kawi hasn't made a two seater yet? The x2 out sells all the other polaris models combined. There is obviously a demand for two up machines. When I was on the market for a new ride I would have bought kawi, I really like their engines.
I could see people wanting a 2 up rather than two his and hers atvs which would cost almost twice as much and burn twice the gas and easier to haul one machine vs two.

Old 10-09-2009, 04:58 AM
Trailblazer
Default two seaters

The main reason I first went with the x2 was a safety issue. I wanted a stable bike for taking my son around, it was a perfect fit. Being only three years old I let him grab the bars and I would sit behind him. He was tucked in nicely. The climbing ability was amazing on the x2, we made it up a hill at the hunt camp that none of the others could climb. The dump box was very useful for our yard work too. P.s Have you seen a two seater doing a sled pull?

Quick Reply: 2 Seater Brute Force?