Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

2006 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2010 | 08:57 AM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default 2006 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 HELP!

My fan will not turn on, I jumped from my battery and it don't turn on. So I got a brand new one. It still don't work, so I jumped it with the battery. It worked. Where the fan plug is I cut it off and spliced it. I have voltage there when the fan is demanded. When I hook the fan up to the splice there is no voltage. Does anybody know what is going on. The voltage drops only when there is a load on the circuit. If its the water temp reg. Where is that located. Thanks for the help.

Old 12-21-2010 | 04:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

the first thing to do is diconnect the two wires going to your temp switch on the left side of the radiator and hook them together, the fan should turn. if it doesnt, check your fuses, if their ok under your seat there is a circuit breaker in a small rubber case right behind your starter solenoid. check to see if there is power going to and from it, if you do, check for a resistance in the wire going to the temp switch from the circuit breaker. if there is none check for a broken wire, if you do check the wire going from the switch to the fan, if thats ok check the ground wire from the fan. if you have power from the circuit breaker and all your wires are good then your fan is bad. if you do not have power coming out of the circuit breaker,change that, i wired in an aftermarket one for a parts store(much cheaper and better). if you dont have power going to the fan circuit breaker remove the rear rack and plastics and right by the base of the fuel tank filler neck there will be a connector wrapped up in electrical tape. it has 4 white wires, 4 brown wires and 6 black wires boing to it and it dead ends. it is a distribution point for power and grounds. check it for corosion, it isnt a sealed connector. repair any problems with that connector and recheck your fan circuit. the white wires are a constant battery power source for a few things in the machine, including the cooling fan circuit. ive had the same problem with mine more than once. good luck

Old 01-21-2011 | 09:09 AM
Pro Rider
Old 02-17-2011 | 02:46 AM
Weekend Warrior

Had the same problem it is caused by the connection blocks in the wirring harnas (Corosion) if you measure with a digital multi meter you wil see almost the same voltage as your battery give or take .5 volts as soon as jou connect the fan the voltages is gone.
there is already al lot of info on the forum about these connection blocks there are about 3 in your wiring tree the one in the front has two groups of wires just cut them en join the together with solder and while your at it do the same with the other 2 block but be sure to put the - wires together and the + wires together