Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

lets talk tires mojave style...

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2001, 01:51 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok the stock tires on the 99 are fadeing away.. what do you think is a good replacement tire .. for general alround rideing. ive been looking at the al-tracs maxis..and the c-828 chevrons and the sur-tracs.....fill me in on what you no that works and what really does work. ill be rideing in the sand and hard pack about half the time thanks Jim....

Old 03-14-2001, 01:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been riding in snow since I got my Mojave in January and found that the stock Dunlops didn't work very well. I installed 22x8-10 Fast Trekkers in front and C-828's in back. The C-828s were about five lbs heavier per tire over the dunlop rears. I grooved the c-828's to open them up and make them more of a paddle tire. This dropped 1.5 lbs per tire and by running them backwards they work really well in the snow. They are wider then stock and slide much easier. They also don't dig holes as fast as the stock tires. On the front I just like big, wide tires. They handle much better on snow since they float and provide more ground clearence. I've used these type of tires in the summer on another quad and I liked the cushy ride and protection they provided for the front rims. The down side to the Fast Trekker's is that they were 14lbs per tire. 4lbs more than stock.