Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Kaw little brut 300 ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 08:47 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Need2ride
[/b]

That is cool, My dad(68) has a explorer 400 4x4 but hasn't been riding it much . Im hoping when we get ours he will start wanting to ride again .
We use to go dirt bike riding 25 yrs ago.
Toss up a few pic's when you can .... what colors did you get ?

They only had two at the dealership when we bought them, one is red and the other is black. Here is a pic we took a couple of weeks ago, while up on the mountain behind the house; not great pics, but one is on either side of my Polaris. Then a pic of the black one being washed by my Dad, after we got a little mud on it (heaven Forbid).

Old 02-09-2012, 11:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have to say that I'm impressed with them so far. They seem to be very well built, are baby butt smooth to operate and have taken my 220 pounds every where I've pointed them with ease. I did a lot of research before buying them and they are the best bang for the buck in my opinion, that said, my main ride is a 2011 sportsman 500HO and it handles all the heavy work.

-------------------------------------------
electronic medical record system
medical practice management software

Old 02-16-2012, 01:11 PM
Range Rover

Just got done doing the break in service on the red Brute and it was very easy with no surprises; still purring like a kitten so far.

Old 03-04-2012, 07:54 PM
Range Rover

We went up on White Oak Mountain today and My Brother rode one of the Little Brutes; here are a few pics of the ride and a short video of a creek crossing. The Little Brute went everywhere my Brother pointed it with no complaints; he is 6' tall and 225lbs.

SANY0324.MP4 - YouTube

Old 03-11-2012, 07:40 PM
Trailblazer

We been out twice now and been loving it all the way .
With only 20 mis on them I haven't got it wore in yet . Still sputters 3/4 throttle but it's working in, was doing it about half when we 1st started. There smoothing out and from what I see so far ....these things are going to be a blast for us .

Mrs likes the idea she can go anywhere with it ... wait till she hangs it up hehe . she's going to pick a hole one of these times

Only had one issue ..
I write it of as being cold out now since it hasn't done it since , maybe it was just newy stiff too. The gear shift linkage would not hit in gear all the way .. kinda like it was in between gears , it was 30f out .

Really happy so far

Old 03-12-2012, 04:51 AM
Range Rover

Glad to hear you guys are out enjoying riding together; keep us posted on any issues you run into, I'm sure the shifting issue you had was cold weather/newness. Don't forget to post us some pics!

Old 03-12-2012, 12:18 PM
Range Rover

So I picked up one of these as well for my daughter. I am very impressed with the power and response. It even seems a little more torque-E than my wifes Grizzly450. Kymco did a great job on the motor and trans.

Old 03-14-2012, 12:36 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Need2ride
Only had one issue ..
I write it of as being cold out now since it hasn't done it since , maybe it was just newy stiff too. The gear shift linkage would not hit in gear all the way .. kinda like it was in between gears
That's probably due to the incorrectly set gear shift linkage tie-rod that's just inside of your right leg as you are sitting on the quad. Or may be the linkage distance has changed as the engine/chassis got settled in the quad is being used. It needs to be adjusted to avoid any gear grinding or more damage.

Old 03-14-2012, 06:05 PM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by Hayashi
That's probably due to the incorrectly set gear shift linkage tie-rod that's just inside of your right leg as you are sitting on the quad. Or may be the linkage distance has changed as the engine/chassis got settled in the quad is being used. It needs to be adjusted to avoid any gear grinding or more damage.

There is a task in the owners manual, showing how to do a drop fit on the shift linkage; very easy task to accomplish.

Old 03-14-2012, 07:28 PM
Trailblazer

The linkage was checked before the next ride after it happen . We been out twice since then(25ish mi) and not one issue since. In those 25mi there's been alot of backing up and different riders, so I think it was just a quirk of it being new/stiff and cold .

I'll get some pics up soon John

Quick Reply: Kaw little brut 300 ?'s