Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

650 V TWIN UPDATE FROM 2-21-01

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2001, 08:00 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My dealer told me on the 21st of March Were about 2 weeks from seeing the 650. Here it is the 29th Of March same story He says now he expects them In a week or three. The excitement is wearing off . Better hear something Real concrete soon On a delivery date Or I'm going to go see my Polaris dealer. My buddys are thinking the same Way. I hate to bare bad news but what can I say

Old 03-29-2001, 09:39 PM
Pro Rider

same for me, my brother in law got an atv today, and i am still waiting on the 650, everytime i hear it is pushed back again, if i dont get it soon im getting something else also

Old 03-30-2001, 12:36 AM
Weekend Warrior

same here, im getting tired of hearing the same old crap,few weeks few weeks, what other quad would you get instead of the 650, got any ideas

Old 03-30-2001, 01:24 AM
Pro Rider

Hold on guys! It is annoying to have to wait, but often good things are worth waiting for. If you buy something else and then the 650 turns out to be even close to what Kawasaki is saying, you'll be kicking your own butts! If they are delaying shipments to iron out a problem, its better they do that than release a defective machine that everyone will pick apart. It's going to be tested to the max, so I'm sure Kawasaki wants to keep the "bugs" to a minimum. They have a reputation for good quality that they want to keep intact just like Honda. Lets face it---if you really wanted what is already available, you'd have it, so, if this is a great ATV, whats a couple of months to wait for a machine that makes you grin every time you look at it? A year from now, you'll have forgotten that you waited. It's SOOO close---I'd have to at least try it before buying anything else. Keep the faith!
P.S. These are just my thoughts, so if it turns out to be less of a machine than they say, don't blame me.

Old 03-30-2001, 05:51 AM
Pro Rider

as long as they dont drag it out into summer, i want to be able to ride this spring

Old 03-30-2001, 12:32 PM
Pro Rider

The local area sales rep was in town yesterday. He told us that deliver would be in May. He said Kawasaki is behind in production.

He didn't say why they were behind. I am gettting tired of waiting myself. That yellow sportsman is looking better everytime I go into the Polaris-Kawasaki dealer.

Old 03-30-2001, 01:15 PM
Trailblazer

I AM FIRST ON THE LIST IN SO. UTAH. THE LOCAL DEALER TOLD ME LAST OF APRIL OR FIRST OF MAY. IM NO MARKETING EXPERT BUT IT WOULD SEEM THAT IF YOU ARE GOING TO INVEST IN EVERY OUTDOOR MAGAZINE, T.V. ADS ECT. YOU SHOULD BE READY TO DELIVER IN A TIMELY MANNER OR IT MIGHT UPSET PEOPLE ENOUGH TO JUMP SHIP I SUGGEST WE REMAIN PATIENT. IT WILL BE WORTH THE WAIT....KAWASAKI GET THE LEAD OUT !!!

Old 03-30-2001, 01:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've seen this kind of thing happen before. A guy just needs to be patient. If someone decides they can't wait and goes and buys some other quad then it will be guarenteed that your brother, buddy or the guy down the street will pick up the quad you wanted a couple weeks later. It's like a Murphys law type of deal. Nothing worse than spending a bunch of money on a machine that you more or less settled on because you didn't have the patientence to wait.

Old 03-30-2001, 07:32 PM
Pro Rider

but if yamaha brings out a bigger grizzly or another company does, alot of people will be getting that instead of waiting longer for the prairie,,

Old 03-30-2001, 08:51 PM
Pro Rider

Quick Reply: 650 V TWIN UPDATE FROM 2-21-01