Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Oh no! Kawasaki loses another buyer.

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2001, 12:05 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As much as i like Yamaha i dont think that waiting for the Grizz rumor would be a good plan.
Going on Yamahas history i doubt that their will be anything new or revolutionary about the new Grizz when it comes out. Yamaha has a history of adapting parts from outher lines to make a new product. And as far as i know Yamaha dosent have anything they can pull from for a new machine the caliber of the P650. Unless they have somthing that has been on the drawing board for awhile i dont think that any quad maker has anything as sweet as the new Kawi. Perhaps polaris has somthing in the works but history seems to show that if they do it will probubly weigh 800lbs.
Suzuki is hard at work on a new sport machine so i dont think they are much of a factor. Honda just came out with their new top dog last year so i doubt they have anything in the works. My guess is that the new Kawi will be top dog for the next 2 years or so. I think that Kawi will have them out in May like they said. Im gona make a wild *** guess and bet that they are building them now, and stocking up so they have a large inital shipment to meet demand.

Old 04-18-2001, 11:55 PM
Pro Rider

we have owned 5 polarises, a 96 magnum 425 4x4 (known for being troublsome), a 1999 trailboss (when we first got it we thought the low oil light ment it was hot) a 1999 sportsman 500, a 2000 trailblazer, and a 2000 sportsman 500. the only trouble we have had with any of them is that the magnum had a thermostat problem and the fan kicked on all the time, and the trail blazer has a bad master cylinder so the breaks suck. not to bad for the worst reliability of all makes. stop cutting on the polaris's for reliability. say "the trailblazer is the most underpowered heavy pile of crap machine that has ever ben produced" dont say that the sportsman is junk becuase you are too darn lazy to get out there with a grease gun!

Old 04-19-2001, 02:13 AM
Pro Rider

I worry about the integrity of a machine that comes with a million grease zerks on it. It implies "Maintenance Nightmare" to me. Why work on a Polaris when you can ride anything else?

Old 04-19-2001, 11:06 AM
Pro Rider

I have a new Out Door Life magazine and they have a full page add for the 650,to bad you can not buy one though. I would not count out a Sportsman thought because by the looks of the 650,s suspension it will not ride any better over the rough stuff than the rest of them.

Old 04-19-2001, 04:44 PM
Trailblazer

KAWASAKI WILL NOT LOSE A SELL MAYBE TO YOU BUT OTHERS WILL PICK IT UP.HEY IF YOU HAVE PUT A DEPOSIT ON A 650 AND ARE IN FRONT OTHERS TO GET ONE GO PICKUP THE DEPOSIT OTHERS WILL LIKE TO HEAR THAT THEY HAVE MOVED UP ON THE LIST

Old 04-20-2001, 10:35 PM
Trailblazer

What I would like to know is how Popular Mechanics magazine got their hands on one of these to test. They tested it in their February issue I believe, I don't see how they tested one 3 or 4 months ago and the ATV mags are saying that they can't get their hands on one. What gives?

Old 04-21-2001, 02:13 AM
Pro Rider

That IS very interesting. I wonder how that happened?

Old 04-22-2001, 03:33 AM
Pro Rider

Snowshark, I hope you can wait to buy a new ATV until you test ride the 650. It will undoubtedly have its flaws, but if the reports are accurate, the locking front differential and low center of gravity will be worth the wait by themselves. I hope they aren't delayed much longer, but what is a month or two in the big picture? If you ride it and find that it is no big deal, then fine, buy the Sportsman; but if it is the thrill you have been waiting for and you already have bought the Sportsman, you will probably lose a lot of money selling the Sportsman to buy it. There are some great features on the Sportsman, but I thought you said that you found it to be too big for you. Anyway, I hope you ride them both before you make your decision. Have you ridden the Rubicon yet? All the specs in the world won't tell you which machine suits you best. I hope you ride them all. I wish you all the best!

Old 04-23-2001, 10:22 PM
Trailblazer

Yama,
Go to the Yamaha thread if you haven't already and read the latest rumor (spy photo's) about the new Wolverine (650?) with IRS and what ever else. Don't count Yamaha out of race yet! I am still hanging on to see how this all plays out. I will be buying before the year's end for sure!Later.

Old 04-24-2001, 09:25 PM
Pro Rider

Just received the June 2001 issue of 4Wheel ATV Action magazine in the mail today, and they have a test ride on the new 650. It says it retails for $6999. 604 lbs. dry weight.

Quick Reply: Oh no! Kawasaki loses another buyer.