Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Oh no! Kawasaki loses another buyer.

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2001, 11:14 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Impatience must have struck again. I was over in the Polaris Dorum reading about the ATVAM ralley and noticed the DieselDog (formerly Quadking) was now riding a Sportsman H.O.

When I saw him on 4/1 he was eagerly awaiting the arrival of the new 650 Twin and had deposits at two dealerships in the Minneapolis area.

I'm sure he will like his new H.O. but I wonder how many times this scenario is being repeated across the country?

Old 04-16-2001, 01:40 PM
Pro Rider

Me to. I hope Kawasaki comes out with the Prairie soon! That way my Polaris dealer will drop the price of the HO. I will have a Yellow HO soon.

Tired of waiting & delays, I need another ATV, NOW!

Old 04-16-2001, 04:19 PM
Trailblazer

I personally think Kawasaki are losing buyers now & a lot more later if they keep dragging their feet on the 650. At some point people get TIRED OF WAITING!!!!!

Old 04-16-2001, 04:58 PM
Pro Rider

Dezdude,

I have been waiting two long. The Kawasaki is an unproven machine. It does have some good ideas on it. The Sportsman is a proven machine, good or bad, you know what to expect.

Next month I will have a new sportsman in my garage, I would do it this month but must pay the tax man.

Old 04-16-2001, 05:19 PM
Trailblazer

Right on Snowshark! Life is too short! Go with the proven one! Let us know how you like it.

Old 04-17-2001, 12:18 AM
Pro Rider

Polaris has PROVEN that they suck. I couldn't get rid of mine fast enough...literally. Nobody would buy it and worse yet, I couldn't get my money back out of that rapidly depreciating piece of sh-t. They just won't last. Everyone I know that has had one has had plenty of trouble with them. No Thank You.

Old 04-17-2001, 12:49 AM
Range Rover

It is kinda a double edge sword you get impatient so you go buy a new quad. But when you see the new 650 on the trail you run the risk of of feeling really stupid for not waiting. I am shure its not out because the want to get all the bugs out. I think Kawasaki sees their position in the market as slim to none. And if they rush and put a POS out they will be done. To my knowlage Kawi has never put out a low quality bugged out unit and i dont bieleve they intend to start now.
I think that anyone in the market to but a new machine owes it to themself to wait it out. Or you could be loosing your *** trying to sell a new machine. And that would really suck.

Old 04-17-2001, 11:33 AM
Trailblazer

Yama,
Good point! You may be right about Kawasaki wanting to get everything right but you have to admit it has been a long drawn out process and I hope the wait is worth it. It would be hard seeing one out on the trail and wondering if you should have waited. I am still waiting..... but anxious. Later

Old 04-17-2001, 12:16 PM
Pro Rider

The Prairie is supposed to be out in May, what if this slips to June. Then why not wait on the new Yamaha Griz with a 660 motor & IRS that is supposed to be out late summer? What a couple of more months????

Old 04-17-2001, 12:53 PM
Trailblazer

The new Griz may also be worth the wait. As long as you don't find out you have a terminal disease & have 2 months to live!......STILL WAITING!!!

Quick Reply: Oh no! Kawasaki loses another buyer.