Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

New Mojave Swingarm!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2001, 06:02 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

where can I get one of those swing arms $195 doesn,t seem like a bad price

Old 06-04-2001, 09:13 AM
Pro Rider

Zippy and y2kbanshee, the swingarm I was refering for $195 was my stock swingarm. The new one is going to go for around $550.

I got everything on this weekend. I added a 24" braided steel brake line and a banshee chain guide. Once on the ground, it sat about the same, but that's where the similarity stopped. Once I sat on it, my Mo sat down around 6"!

I jumped up and down as hard as I could on the seat and could not get the thing to bottom out. This this is super soft on the top of the piston stroke, but really stiffens up once the top spring stops moving.

I'm also doing some testing on some new handlebars, not yet availible. They're 'fat bars'. You you have a pair of Pro-tapers or TAG T2 bars, get an NStyle pad and cover. I got on that says KAWASAKI RACING. Sweet! The bars I put on mine are the CR-Hi Bend. These are perfect for a Mojave.

The race scheduled for this past Saturday night was cancelled due to rain, so I didn't get a chance to test the shock/swingarm setup. I did however get a chance to ROMP in the front yard. :-) The front end doesn't come up as easy, but at the same time it hooks up allot better! That's what you want anyway.

I should have some updated pics availible real soon. From what I can see so far....the swingarm is built AS GOOD, if not better than a Laeger. I haven't compared it to a Lonestar yet.

I'll keep you all posted!!!

Old 06-04-2001, 09:20 AM
Pro Rider

mxracer98, you are going to laugh when I tell you where my rear number plate come from. I'm not cheap, just thrifty. The rear number plate came from scrap plastic when I cut my front fenders. I cut a sheet of black number plate background material and stuck it on along with some numbers.

The swingarm will go through a couple rounds of testing then if any design changes need to be made, then the changes will be made. It's should be, this is just a guess, by mid July-August. I will keep you posted.

NOTE- If anyone wants a Maier Vented Hood, I have one for sale. IT's green and about 3 days old.

Old 06-07-2001, 10:02 AM
Pro Rider

I don't mean to leave you guys hanging. I told you I would let everyone know how the test went with the swingarm and shock went. Well....If anyone lives in the south, you will sympathize with me when I say that it will not stop raining long enough for a track to open up so I can test it!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img](

I promise I'll keep everyone posted on the progress. The weather here in North GA is suppose to break Saturday. I should have a post Monday or Tuesday. Sorry for the delay.