Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

lakota racing

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2001, 10:16 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just wanted to know if anyone hear races MX with there lakota sport. My friend and i just built a MX track for are lakota's and i think they do very good on the MX. i am only 15 right now and can't race ametuer MX but next year i am going to race all over South Western PA. so if anyone here knows of any MX tracks please let me know. Thanks.

'01 lakota
DG chrome power pipe
baja skid plates

Old 09-05-2001, 06:35 PM
Pro Rider

no offense but it would take an incredible amount of money to get a lakota to be decent for mx. and even if you did spend tons of money on it a stock 250r would destroy it on the mx track.

Old 09-05-2001, 09:03 PM
Pro Rider

I had a friend who raced his lakota once at a fair race, just goofing around. He ended up blowing all 3 shocks, bending the axle, and cracking the frame in 2 places and the swingarm.

He didnt wreck either, and he wasnt even clearing the big jumps. Lakota's, sport or not arent made for MX racing.

Old 09-07-2001, 09:34 AM
Weekend Warrior

What are you guys talking about. There is no possible way you could blow out all 3 shocks and bend the axle and break the frame! What was he doing smoking crack before he raced? Either that or he weighs 400 pounds. Besides JUGGALO i wouldn't be racing against 250r's. i would be racing against warriors and 300 ex's. Why do you guys put down lakota's? Did you ever ride one? My friend and i, (highflyinlakota) have 30ft doubles, 40ft tabletops, tanks, and stepups. don't be tellin me that my lakota isn't built for jumping. It has more suspension travel than the warrior. It has a wider axle too. Do you guys have a hate club against lakota's? Jeez all you do is diss other quads. But if i said i am going to race a honda, you would be all for it. Am i right? Yes i am. You honda people even put down tecates, and mojave's. Rhino99 you are lieing because how would you friend do all that without jumping the big jumps? Cracking the frame? that is a major ordeal. Your frame doesn't crack like that. You need to lay off the dope. cause i guess you were smoking it when you wrote that.

Old 09-07-2001, 11:54 AM
Pro Rider

Well, I almost didnt even respond, then I decided to ahead and do so. First to address "all you guys do is diss other quads" Have you ever heard me diss another quad? I dont think so, in fact, I am not dissing the Lakota, I am simply saying that it is not a motocross machine! If it were, dont you think that someone besides you and your friend would be racing them? If they were a great MX bike, then the pros would ride them, fact is they dont.
Now on to my friend tearing up his bike. The way that you blow shocks, break frames and bend axles is by NOT jumping the big jumps, when you jump a double, you land on the downside slope, making a MUCH easier landing than NOT clearing that double and landing in the flat between jumps. That causes MUCH stress to a frame, to shocks, and to axles as well as other parts. As far as "there is no possible way you could blow out all 3 shocks" I blew out shocks on a 250r, my buddy has blown WORKS shocks on a 400ex, now dont tell me that Lakota shocks are better than either of those.
Having suspension travel and wide axles doesnt mean it has a strong axle or good shocks. It just means that when you arent jumping, that axle is nice, and when you dont bottom out, those shocks work, but when you do those things, things break, things bend. Lots of real races break frames on 250r's which are designed better than a freaking lakota frame. They break all the time, you weld them up, and go again, no biggie really. Now my friend's lakota wasnt the sport version, but to my knowledge there is no significant difference between the two, no racks and different plastic color is all I am aware of. Either way, the differences dont make it a good MX machine.
The bottom line is, the lakota is not an MX machine, and if you think that it is, or that your 30 foot doubles and 40 foot tabletops are the size you will find on a real MX track, you my friend are smoking the dope!

Old 09-07-2001, 05:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

first off i agree a lakota sport is not as good as a 250 r on amx track. This was not even the question he asked if any one raced there lakotas or new of any mx tracks in our area. He didnt ask for a smarta@@ answer. Plus lakota is not a bad jumper. We are also not going to race on big mxs just fairs and little mx tracks not like loretta lynns. Bluelakota also doesnt disagree that you can blow shocks and crack frames just not in one race without crashing that is perpatiual. One more thing if your friend cant clear the doubles and it brakes thats not the quads fault. We dont go on 250r and do 250r bashing so dont do it on our lakota forums if you have something positive to say share if not keep it out of here. We both ride so we should not get mad at other people cause what quad they have we all enjoy the sport and thats all that matters.

Old 09-07-2001, 06:20 PM
Pro Rider

I'm not mad at anyone. And about him asking if anyone raced their lakotas, I simply told the story of my friend racing his lakota at first, no more. I didnt intentionally try and **** off all lakota MX riders, I only wanted him to know what happened in my only experience with a lakota racing MX.

If you guys think that a lakota is a great MX machine, good for you, I hope that it stays in one piece. And if you think that all that cant happen in one race, good for you, hope you never find out. If you do, dont come and cry about it, cause someone tried to warn you.

Old 09-07-2001, 06:39 PM
Pro Rider

listen you can race your lakota if you want but even if you aren't racing against 250r's you'll get your *** kicked by warriors and especially 300ex's if their decent riders. yes i have rode a lakota. i've ridden both kinds. slow, HEAVY, and sucky suspsension. i hate to bash but i'm making an exception here. maybe for woods racing you could make a lakota raceable but not for MX. the lakota wasn't made for that type of riding. go race and have a good time thats what is most important. you might win. give it a try.

Old 09-07-2001, 07:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

sorry about that rhino 99 i am just tired of people dissing lakotas thanks for clearing evything up

as for you juggalo i can beat my brother on his warrior and guys on there 300exs on my track cause it is tight and turny and cant open it up that much i cant get out of third hardly i am and so is blue lakota great riders we get around that track as fast as humanly possible. i agree on a fast less technical we would get beat by the faster warrior but with our upgrades if the 300ex rider wasnt perfect he would be eating our dust.

peace yall

Old 09-07-2001, 08:08 PM
Pro Rider

I think ya'll racing the Lakotas is really cool. Hopefully the more seen at the tracks the more the aftermarket will pay attention and start making some cool hop up parts. 4 valve head and radical cams would be nice. Anyway, there is a pro riding a Lakota. It is a girl and believe she is racing the GNCC or some other cross country/desert type racing. I forget her name at this time, but she is out there on the Lakota and apparently doing very well.

Quick Reply: lakota racing