Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

I need info on the mojave!

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2001, 11:46 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Waz^ well i am new here and i think this is the place to find info on the mojave! well my first question is about how fast would it go just stock ( 2001 )? 2: i own a 01 lakota and i think it is a great quad and i would like to know how it would compare to the mojave in acceleration and power and speed? 3: i would all so like to know if an 250ex or an 300ex would beat it in acceleration? all just stock?

peace out!

i look forword to some info!

Old 10-01-2001, 08:25 AM
Pro Rider

I don't know much about the mojave, althogh I'm sure mojave 2000 will be on soon to let you know.
I've never ridden , nor dragged either.
I feel the lakotas gears are to short to be a contender in the accelleration comparisson.
I believe the suggestions on using a 13T front sprocket alone will change every thing though. I will be recieving my 13T front sprocket ($6.99) this week and I can let you know once it is installed.
I can tell you I did ride with a 300ex and a 250ex on a short track and if thier was room to pass I believe I could have taken them. But you know how it is, staying on thier rear ends in third felt pretty easy but if 4th or 5th is needed to pass I don't see alot of help coming from these two gears.
Like I said before a 13T front sprocket should change every thing.

Old 10-01-2001, 08:37 PM
Pro Rider

A bone stock Mojave will do about 54mph. Depending on the source of course. I have seen at one time it tested at 56, but recently Dirtwheels said " It will do 50 on flat ground"! What a crock! You can bet it is REAL close to 55. As far as top speed and acceleration the Mojave will out accelerate the EX's and the Lakota and has a slight edge in top speed on the 300EX, about 2 mph. This is all based on what is published so take it for what it's worth(I smoked a 300 pretty good but I have a jet kit). I have read a Lakota -vs- 250 EX comparison in two different magazines and one says the Lakota is quicker/Faster on the top, and the other said pretty much the opposite. I have ridden a 2001 Lakota and I feel like it needs to be "short shifted" to get the most out of it in terms of acceleration. It has a very flat but torquey low to mid range and it will definately pull taller gears better than the stock ones. Like Gaff said a 13tooth front sprocket is almost a requirement.

Old 10-01-2001, 08:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

hey thanxs for the info! i called my local kawi dealer about the mojave and he said that it is built like a motercycel and would due about 70! and i think it is true becues i clocked my lakota at about 60! now this is just stock and just what i heard from the person that clock me and he said i was doing about 59-60! i was thinking of geting an 13tooth sprocet,k&n air filter, an supertrapp exhast, and an jet kit ( dyojet) for my lakota and i was woundering about how much better would it be in terms of acceleration, speed, and performence and would it be wourth the money? if it works i would do it to my mojave when i get it!

Old 10-01-2001, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider

hay kawrider
I believe I've taken the lakota to its maks in many ways.
I've read alot about it and tested it in all kinds of ways.
Mojave 2000 is correct it has to be short shifted to get the most out of it. It starvs for fuel wich makes it flat in the upper rpms.
I believe that the tests on it are correct, a real 52 maybe 53 mph stock.
The front sprocket will be in this week. This alone is a must.
I was originaly going to buy my lakota for my kids and get myself the mojave. But after further review for about 300 bucks this thing is what I want.
Now with the jet kit, 13T sprocket, air filter and jet kit I originaly thought 58 mph best now I'm thinking maybe a fair 60.
While reading the magazine test on it they came to the same conclusion except they said it pulled and accellerated like it was alot faster than that.
Now I have found in other bikes with jetting, air filter, and pipe they all pulled alot harder do to excellent throtle response.
As far as the 250ex or 300ex And expecialy after mods, you guys are going to have to find another bike to compare it with.
Because bone stock I don't find these two bikes a formidle challenge.
Now drag racing, well thiers many tricks to drag racing. Now as far as cornering and corner speed, now find me a bike to compare it with.
As a matter of a fact the only bike I want to compare my lakota as far as on the track and the trails would be the mojave.
Hay this is what the car industry would consider a sleeper.
My friend you've gotten a graet bike at a graet price and soon as my mods are in I will proudly post the results.

GAFF

Old 10-02-2001, 10:54 AM
Pro Rider

I love my Mojave. I think its the perfect blend. Its got a really strong small 4 stroke, it handles pretty nicely too (the stock shocks suck but they all do really). I rode a 400EX for a few minutes (I was doing some hillclimbing on the Mojave with a 400EX in trail) a while back. I shot up a mild hill and the guy on the 400 couldnt make it and asked if I could ride it up for him, "no problem" I said. The power in the low gears of the 400 felt no different than the Mojave. Overall it felt ok but the suspension didnt seem to be leaps above the Mojaves suspension either. I expected it to be a lot more quad than it was and I firmly believe that a Mojave with a the mods you talking about and a gearing change would bring it up to the level of the 400EX for comparison. Dont look to take it out on top speed but I think it will take it everywhere else.