Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Lakota Stroker kit!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2001, 05:47 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I e-mailed Mickey Dunlap on whats available for the lakota. He replied with either a high comp. piston,a 322 big bore kit, or a 354 stroker kit.
What do you all think
I would like bottom and mid range power gains,but I'm undecided.

I originally Thought just buy the new suzuki, but the wife wants a trailblazer and I think I'll wait for kawi's new bike (when ever that maybe)

Old 10-21-2001, 02:18 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I would go with the 322, i think the stroker would be asking for trouble.I think i would just wait for a new quad. The quads have really changed in the last 2 years and will change more. When i bought my lakota, the 400ex, 660 , ds 650 etc. With just 300 ex's, warriors it did not seem to bad to modd the lakota. You could easily end up with 5500 in the lakota. Would it be worth it? My newest idea is to buy a new ds650 for 5000 dollars, sell the engine. Install a snowmobile engine and have a cheap "new" drag quad.

Old 10-21-2001, 09:53 AM
Pro Rider

I hear ya 14 min.
I'm going to see how it goes.
I would probably only go as far as the high comp. piston. I was just preparing to waiy for a knew model, when ever that may be.
Just to let you know, the big bore kit is $265, and the stroker crank is $365.

I still haven't recieved my pipe and jet kit from rocky mountain. they told me the jet kit was in but not the pipe.
We are looking at a polaris trail blazer for the kids for christmas.

Whats your thoughts

Old 10-21-2001, 11:02 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Gaff- a year ago i was looking high and low for a hi-comp piston. At that time there were none. Maybe now?

Old 10-22-2001, 08:52 AM
Pro Rider

14-mins
He had told me $165 @ any comp ratio.
I think I'm going to get one and install it in jan or feb. The lakotas top end improved real well with the 13T sprocket so I don't realy need more on top.

I took the lakota on a realy bad a** mx track yesterday.
You couldn't get out of third, and second on some 12to15 foot burms.
Let me tell you the lakota held it's own and know one was laghing. I even started on the lead this time and as I thought the other bikes stayed on me but couldn't get by.
I started near the back and caught up quick eating some 250 and 300ex's on the way, but stayed rite with a raptor and two 400ex's.
The only down fall is that the lakota is so heavy it wore me out quick. I need some shocks.
So today every bone in my body aches.

Old 10-23-2001, 12:23 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Gaff- mickey told you he had the pistons? That is good to here. I really belive that is all that is missing in the lakota package. A high comp piston should put the low end in the powerband.

I think you need a new set of handlebars. The lakota's are to wide and low. Check out the difference between the 400ex and raptor compared to the lakota.

I don'e think it would be hard to drop 25 pounds of weight off the lakota.

Good job on the track. I sometimes run my raptor on the mx track in weatherford tx. I really suck. A good run to me is to finish rubber side down and not last. Those 18 year olds are fearless compared to this 40 year old cripple man.

Old 10-23-2001, 05:35 AM
Pro Rider

14min
You hit it rite on the nose. I've been looking for whats wrong and wow you hit it rite on the nose.
I couldn't understand why my fore arms were so wore out. Man I'm excited!
I've noticed the mojave's bars were different, But like you say a wieght loss program is a must.
Do you have any suggestions on make or type of bars to get.
What other suggestions do you have for wieght loss. I think it's about eight pounds you save on the pipe, and the wheels will probably shed a few more pounds. as a matter of fact the wheels and pipe will probably loose a quick twenty five pounds. I looked around the bike and just don't see to much to shed!

What do you know about these douglas rims? are they any good?
I just have to ask about the wheels. coming over from bikes, well it's just like starting over again.

The high comp piston should just do the trick on the motor, like I said I'm going to get one but don't feel like tearing the bike down just yet.

As far as the track, well being old and cripled is what got me off the bikes and on the quads. But don't let it stop ya, it's a graet way of staying in shape.
I'm going back today, I'm going to go check the boy out of school and head that way.
I don't plan on spending much time on the track, but the boy will practice all day and you know how it is you just have to go over and show that A**
Plus I head back off-shore thursday and I'll be pissed if I don't ride some.

I'll go done and see if they have any handle bars before I go.
Let me know what you think about the rims!