Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Where and what Kawasaki machine do you ride? =)

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2000, 10:01 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello!! I was just wondering what my fellow Kawasaki owners ride and wheere they ride!

I have a stock 99' Bayou 300 4x4..... I love it, I couldn't be happier!..... and I live/ride in Newfoundland Canada!

Old 02-15-2000, 10:30 AM
Weekend Warrior

I have a 300 Prairie 4x4 and I ride on our hunting land in south Georgia (when it's not hunting season). We have 30,000 acres of company-owned land that is great for just about any kind of riding that you want to do. Except the "sand dune" stuff, I guess.

Old 02-15-2000, 01:11 PM
Pro Rider

My friend up in northern minnesota, drives his 98 prairie 400 on his old farm land that is not farmed any more. Its deer hunting land now. About 180 acres. He babies his atv. He and I have talked
about going on on trails together but not done it yet. I used it for work one time. At a relitives that died. He had to clean out a place out in the country. My dad helped him. My dad said his atv could pull a big load as they had a large trailler
loaded up and hauled it across a lake. When I go up to dads where I keep my polaris atv, he comes over, early in the morning to see me. He always tells me that his atv is better then mine. Its all in fun. I would like to go atving with him though because when I go alone and sometimes 20 miles back in the woods. If only 1 atv is on the trip and there is trouble, its a long walk out. With 2 atv's, its not so scary to go that far back. I do like his atv. It looks nice. I just want to teach him to use it as intended and stop babying it. If he goes with me thats what he will have to do. They haul out the deer that their hunting party gets. He has trails on his land and he goes joy riding on them to inspect his property. I probably
put more miles on my atv in one year then he did in 2 years. I will see if I can get him out this summer. He did have a tripple by-pass operation last summer. That slowed him down. He is all healed up now. According to him. He has the best atv in the world!

rangerchet, polaris expedition 425 cc 5 speed.

Old 02-16-2000, 09:48 AM
Weekend Warrior

I ride in N/W Wisconsin on a 00 Prairie 300 2 wheel drive. We have a small farm with about 1.5 miles of trails cut through the woods. My neighbors have another 2-3 miles cut through their woods. I have been riding a couple times per week, although we have been getting snow on a regular basis which is now going to curtail the riding. I got stuck last weekend trying to go up a rather steep section of one of the trails. I purchased the Prairie last fall during the $250 accessories promotion that I see Kawasaki just started up again. I plan on using the machine around the farm for checking on the horses, riding the fence lines and recreation. I also purchased a mule for my wife, she will use it for gardening and other chores. We have several county run trail systems in our area that we will be checking out in the spring.

Old 02-16-2000, 04:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

I got a beefed baby bayou on a HL K&N power kit,winch,blackwater tires.I ride on a trail that leads to a private air port in Manassas, VA and i go mud slingin wer VDOT is doin construction.

P.S.
beefy baby bayou is for sale but with winch MOUNT!!! no winch

Old 02-16-2000, 05:31 PM
Range Rover

Cool Cool, keep em comin'

Boggin Buddy- is ur bayou a 300? or 400? and what size tires u got on it? oh ya, why are ya sellin it? Thanks!

Old 02-16-2000, 05:39 PM
Range Rover

Cool Cool, keep em comin'

Boggin Buddy- is ur bayou a 300? or 400? and what size tires u got on it? oh ya, why are ya sellin it? Thanks!

Old 02-17-2000, 10:02 AM
Weekend Warrior

I own a stock '95 Bayou 400 4x4 and I love it!!! Oh if I could only count the number of Honda's and Yamaha's I have pulled out of mudholes!! I've only been stuck once... and a tractor had to pull me out... I ran into quicksand and the front end sunk until the sand was over the front fenders. The only thing hurt was my pride, though (which was regained when I pulled a Yamaha out of a swamp this past summer!!!)

I've done everything with my 400... from dragging telephone poles and pulling trees out of the ground to just plain ol' ridin'. It's done it all. Yeah, it's a little big and bulky on the trails, but it's worth it when your friend watch in amazement when you pull their bike out of the mud!!! Oh yeah, I do all my ridin' in NC.

By the way, does anybody know WHY Kawasaki stopped production of the Bayou 400's?? I'm assuming it's because of the Prairie, and they felt the Prairie would suit more people's needs for having fun.

Old 02-17-2000, 10:05 AM
Weekend Warrior

I own a stock '95 Bayou 400 4x4 and I love it!!! Oh if I could only count the number of Honda's and Yamaha's I have pulled out of mudholes!! I've only been stuck once... and a tractor had to pull me out... I ran into quicksand and the front end sunk until the sand was over the front fenders. The only thing hurt was my pride, though (which was regained when I pulled a Yamaha out of a swamp this past summer!!!)

I've done everything with my 400... from dragging telephone poles and pulling trees out of the ground to just plain ol' ridin'. It's done it all. Yeah, it's a little big and bulky on the trails, but it's worth it when your friend watch in amazement when you pull their bike out of the mud!!! Oh yeah, I do all my ridin' in NC.

By the way, does anybody know WHY Kawasaki stopped production of the Bayou 400's?? I'm assuming it's because of the Prairie, and they felt the Prairie would suit more people's needs for having fun.

Old 02-17-2000, 02:20 PM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I own a '99 Bayou 400 4X4 and have had no problems with it. I just got into wheeling last summer so so far most of my riding has been in MN, but hopefully this summer i'll get over to WI and do some riding. As far as why they discontinued the Bayou 400, well i'm not really too sure myself. One theory could just be it's lack of popularity with the Prairie. I picked up mine for $5100 and my dealer gave me a free set of floorboards, I also bought a Bayou 220 at the same time, so I thought the price was right compared to the Prairie and other models in it's class. I sold the 220 to my brother and I bought a '00 Grizzly, the 220 is a great little unit to have around. I may sell my 400 this year if Kawasaki comes out with ohh maybe something like a Prairie 500 l/c with engine braking, wow would that be a sweet ride huh?

Quick Reply: Where and what Kawasaki machine do you ride? =)