Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Thinking of buying a prairie 650, help..

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2002, 09:25 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, i am a new member and thinking of purchasing a 650 prairie, my friend has one already and had the opportuity to take his for a hard test drive over some rugged terrain. I was in love, but need some reasurance from some current owners. Is their anything I should be aware of problem wise, with ATV? Does anyone know how this ATV will hold up aginst the new Rincon, I hear its not out yet but the honda posts say their are demo's out their?? anyone hear this yet??Thanks in advance..

Live fast, play faster!!!!!

Old 02-15-2002, 10:57 AM
Weekend Warrior

Get the Prairie. It has better features than the Honda.

Old 02-15-2002, 11:55 AM
Weekend Warrior

thanks for the vote of confidence, Are you refering to the honda rincon? Have you seen one in person?

Old 02-15-2002, 01:00 PM
Range Rover

susex7...why don't you get your head out of your *** and wake up and smell the coffee. You rode it, you know what it's all about. Stop being a sally and just BUY it...

The Prairie is the obvious machine of choice. Let those other guys that 'have to be different' and don't want to 'be like you' get the Rincon. Sure it...looks sweet, I just want to take a picture when they get a FACEFULL of dirt from the Kawi on the trail. Those doods ride like women anyway...

Parker650

Old 02-15-2002, 06:51 PM
Pro Rider

Parker650...you crack me up. Obviously you must personally know susex7, but there have been so many times I have wanted to say what you just said when people waffle around whether or not to buy a Prairie 650. (Nothing against you susex7) (=

Old 02-15-2002, 07:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

If I was going to buy an atv based on looks alone, I probably wouldn't have ended up with the Prairie. Looks kinda like a brick. I really just wanted something that fast and part time 4x4. Turns out it has some other outstanding features as well. Drum brakes? Nope.

I just sold my Banshee and the Prairie 650 was exactly what I wanted, extremely fast and had a solid rear axle, a real sport quad. I can almost guarantee you can get a helluva lot better deal on a Prairie too!

Guess I can't just say 650 anymore and expect y'all to figure i'm referring to the Prairie.

Old 02-15-2002, 08:41 PM
Pro Rider

Sussex.. I dont think your comparing quads that are equal. The rincon would be more comparable to the Sportsman or Grizz. The Praire with its solid axle is a bit more sportier feeling than an IRS machine. If your going to be doing alot of rock crawling or very serious mud bogging the IRS machines may be for you. I would take either the 660 or 700 over the Rincon simply because of the features you are going to loose with the Rincon.

The Praire is a outstanding all around ATV with great speed and very good ride for a solid axle quad. Dont let anyone fool you the Praire will do great in mud but when it comes to the very worst of mud a solid axle wont keep up with IRS. The solid axle gives a more stable feel on off camber trails and is easy to whip around and play with.

My opinion...the Praire

Old 02-16-2002, 12:46 AM
Weekend Warrior

ok ok the decision has been made the 650 is it, I just sold my z71 pick up and my cr125 which put money in my pocket and kind of made this a clencher. Thanks for the input from everyone, and parker650 we'll see who the sally is on the trail I hope you can keep up.. it won't be a 87 big bear behind you anymore.. REVENGE [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-16-2002, 12:57 PM
Pro Rider

Hey susex7. Get the Prairie. In Canada they call it the KVF650. Why? I have no damn idea. Anyways, I've had mine for a couple of weeks and I love it. That front diffy lock is the cats *** and the power is phenomenal. I'm 6'1" and weigh just under 300lbs. In low range I can do a full on throttle wheelie. Impressive!! My friends all ride Hondas, 450s, 450es, and rubicons. I blow these guys away like nothing. As for the new Rincon, who knows. No matter what you get, next year someone will have one bigger, better, faster. LIVE FOR TODAY!!! Get the prairie and you can't go wrong.

Old 02-17-2002, 03:44 PM
Pro Rider

DONT DO IT MAN, lmao!!! its an o.k bike, i guess, lol. if you rode it, and have compared it to all the others, and like it more, then get it. if you havent rode any other quads, then you have a limited comparison. i suggest riding the new grizzly too, then deside if you like irs or not. good luck, couse there all great quads!!!

my pictures

Quick Reply: Thinking of buying a prairie 650, help..