Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

ATV mechanic. Anyone who works at a dealership help me out!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2002, 03:05 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's up:

I will be going to a school in Phoenix, Arizona called MMI or Motorcycle Mechanics Institute. At the school I will be taking the main Motorcycle Technician program (33 weeks), then the Kawasaki Program (6 weeks), Suzuki Program (6 weeks), Yamaha (6 weeks), and Honda (12 weeks). I also am thinking about taking the Watercraft Technician Program (9 weeks). Everything is Imports because I'm not really into Harley Davidson. The programs will cover everything, ATVs, dirtbikes, sportbikes, everything.

After I finish everything the school will help to find me a job at a dealership or something. Thats why I wanted to know the average wage for a Motorcycle Mechanic. How much do they make in a year and is it worth it to take all of this. If anyone has heard of this school and knows a little or if anyone has been there, please let me know what it's like. Also if everything goes good, I would like to open my own ATV shop in the years to come, and I wanted to know if anyone knows how to do this and what are some good ideas for opening one.

Hope to hear form you guys
Thanks

Old 04-29-2002, 03:12 AM
Pro Rider

Hossman,

I am not a mechanic, but i have ran businesses in the past. If i were you, i would take some business classes as well. Dont forget accounting and maybe an Associates Degree in business. NOT that you need alot of the classes that are required, but alot of them will cover what you will need to know to own/run your own business. There is alot more to it than just charging for you time. I wish you the best of luck in whatever you decide.

GOOD LUCK IN SCHOOL!!!!!

Jonathan

Old 04-29-2002, 10:22 PM
Pro Rider

If you get your Associates Degree in business it will help you become the head Mechanic also if it ever came up.