Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Dad is thinking of buying a 360 Prairie, have some question.

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2002, 02:53 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wanted to know if any of you have ridden this qued and what you think?

Old 05-30-2002, 11:17 AM
Weekend Warrior

I have had one for about two months now. It is my first quad so I don't have much to judge it against but I really like it so far. I had a problem with an oil hose that popped loose and burnt thru against the exhaust, but they fixed it under warranty and put a tie on it to prevent it from happening again. I ride with another new rider who bought a polaris325 magnum. Mine seems to be quicker and has more power and features for the same money. His has a tighter turning radius. I paid $5200 for mine, his was the same price. The only real negative I have on the machine is that there are absolutely no accessories available for it yet. I have had a speedometer on back order since I purchased the quad and have been calling all the winch manuf. about mounting kits. Most of them say they will be a vailable soon, but I am impatient. I wish I had bought a bigger quad (prairie 650 or the grizz 660), but that is more from reading the posts on this board and always wanting something better. The 360 is a great quad for the money and perfect for someone just starting riding or who doesn't have or want to spend the money for top of the line.

Old 05-31-2002, 01:24 AM
Weekend Warrior

I bought mine in mid March, I ordered the speedometer at the same time. I just learned that it should be available in mid August. I understand that a mount for the Ramsy winch is out. I also see ARMORDILLO PLASTIC ATV SKID PLATE at ATVTIRES.COM and Stick Stoppers are made by Savant Mfg. I have not inquired as to who sales them but I know C and S Sales sells products made by Savant Mfg. because I purchased a front basket(made for Honda Foreman 450 only 4 inch high sides) and rear drop basket from C and S Sales.

I do not like the loud noise made by this machine. You will need ear plugs when riding over 10 or 15 mph. Mine makes a squel each time I start from a dead stop. I know it should not but the dealer says the belt is within limits. I will complain again. I do like this bike. My other ride is the Honda 2000 Recon which is silent compared to the 360 at speed.

Old 05-31-2002, 03:33 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Never rode it, and I don't like the cheesy tail light setup, but I will say this. The diff-lock and rear brake make it the best bike in its class.

Old 05-31-2002, 12:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

BenB,
I called Warn,Ramsey and Superwinch they all said they are working on one but none are available yet. Let me know if find out differently. Is your bike loud when running or just when the fan kicks on when stopped? I don't have much experience on others to compare it to. Does it seem to be top heavy and want to turn over when turning sharply going downhill? Once again this may just be my lack of skill riding, but I rolled mine once and have been close a number of times.

Old 05-31-2002, 05:13 PM
Weekend Warrior

Well as I replied back in April that I receive this email from Ramsey:
BTW I have not made actually checked on a purchase as funds have been low. I will be gone for the next 7 days on an vaction with the kids and spending my money on other things. My kids just don't understand a need for a winch and other things for my toy.

----------------------------------------------
Thursday, April 25, 2002 9:40 PM

I emailed Ramsey concerning a winch mount for their ATV 2500 winch and got the following reply:

Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 08:24:31 -0500
Subject: RE: Ramsey ATV 2500 mount for 2003 Kaw. 360?

Sir, listed below is the part number for the 2003 Kaw. 360. It will be
available next week.

The part # is 298043.

Please let me know if I can be of further assisstance.

Thanks

Frankie Bordwine
Ramsey Winch

(Someone later said it would be mid May.)