Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Kawasaki/Suzuki Alliance is very Poor.

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2002, 11:42 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Booo on kawasaki's 2003 line-up and useage of "New" quads. I know alot of companies do the same thing of copying plastic such as the New Z-400 from Yamaha's Raptor but just doing little mod's but isn't that the poin of things. Us riders want new machines, not slightly modified re-builds of the same thing. That's exactically what Kawasaki has done with Suzuki. Their "New" 80c.c. and 50c.c. are the exact same quad as suzuki's but with a green plastic. And the anticipated KFX has died in the production of the quad, exactically the same, except for again the plastic is green. What happened toe the 500 Ninja in the Dirtwheels magazine just last year, that whould've been the quad to make. But companies are so "cheap" to spend some of their milliones of dollars on designers to make them new quads. I'm not the only one around here noticing these kind of changes and i'm only 14 years old.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 06-14-2002, 12:16 AM
Range Rover

Hey man hows the ole lakota been running? I agree ole kaw needs to step up if they want me to keep buying there quads. How do you like that pipe it really helps the bike dosen't it.

Old 06-14-2002, 12:17 AM
Pro Rider

Well the alliance is supposed to fill out the product lines of each manufacturer. Kawasaki's sport quad was not ready so they took Suzuki's in the mean time. Next year they will probably have their own out and Suzuki might borrow from them as well. So it Suzuki's turn next year probably. Its just faster to borrow a quad then to make a new one. Why release the one they are working on when its not ready and full of bugs. Just wait, this is going to be best thing to happen to Suzuki and Kawasaki. You may not see the benefits now but you and everyone else will in time.

Old 06-14-2002, 01:46 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dude, we all know too well. This is a well beaten up subject. look back a few days at the 120+ post thread covering this topic. you'll see all the reactions you can bear!

later

Old 06-16-2002, 05:54 AM
Pro Rider

It will kind of make you wonder what brand your z-400 is after you put aftermarket green plastic on it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

JaMeS

Old 06-16-2002, 10:02 AM
Pro Rider

bbertram is right , Kawasaki has already released 2 awesome quads in the last year , I could care less if they are using the z400 with green plastic , I would bet Kawasaki had influence in its design , Kawaski will still introduce there own design sport machine , Suz may even be helping them finish it up . I think there will big things to come in the future out of this, lets give them time to see what happens.

Old 06-16-2002, 10:51 AM
Pro Rider

We are going too see kawazuki's and suzukasaki's. But because of the merger, there will be alot more new bikes because there is alot more $$$$. I like the Z, and who doesn't like the P650.... I can't wait to see what they are going to do next. You take the good with the bad, but remember that both companies were at idle with new designs until this happened.

Old 06-16-2002, 07:31 PM
Pro Rider

Hi Guys;
This is just my two cents worth on the Suzuki and Kawasaki alliance. Well, an alliance is a partnership or relationship with another party, in which you help each other out. Kawasaki and Suzuki in an alliance is very big news in the ATV industry. And this spells alot of trouble to the other manufacturers. This alliance will hit the other brands smack in the pocketbook. With both manufacturers ingenuity and finances behind them, Suz/Kawi are another manufaturers nightmare, and a Quad enthusiast's dream. Think of the choices of quads that will be availabe to us. This alliance will cause the other manufacturers to step up as well, and provide better quads...they have to, because right now Suzuki and Kwasaki have the best quad availabe in almost every category!!! Suzuki OZZARK 250, EIGER 400, Z400, VINSON 500,
The Kawasaki PRARIE 360, PRAIRIE 650!!!! These quads are all the best in their class hands down!!! I would hope that Kawi and Suzuki are close to are sport quad with the 650 v-twin!..not to build a sport quad with this engine would be a disaster!!! This bike has to be built guys...it would be an unbelievable machine!!! The engine in the P650 is awsome!!!
You will see the Vinson with the engine I bet,with the Kawi diff-lock and brakes and this would be a very nice bike indeed. I SAY REJOICE AND HAVE A DRINK TO THE ALLIANCE!!!
I AM!!!

ROB

Old 06-17-2002, 06:21 PM
Pro Rider

Right now who cares whos in alliance as far as mfgs go.If things dont change for the better of us,especially here In NJ ya might as well bend over backwards and kiss x-mas goodbye as far as NJ is concerned cause we might not be even allowed to ride hotwheels anywhere pretty soon.THanks alot SIERRA club some 1 should hate email sierra and deface there sites because they are making our lives and fun and freedom go the way sides.If the mfgs dont help us they might not even build anything and will be out of alot of revenue because there will not be anywher eto ride,LOST REVENUE,IS ANY1 LISTENING IN THE MOTORCYCLE INDUSTRY,LET ME TURN UP THE VOLUME,MILLIONS OF LOST AMERICAN DOLLARS AND JOBS!!!Also for You STUPID QUAD RIDERS THAT RIDE THERE LOUD BIKES UP THE STREETS 10 AT NITE AND STILL RIP UP FARMERS FIELDS AND NEIGHBORS PROPERTIES,THANKS ALOT ALSO,YOUR SHOULD BE THROWN OFF A 100FT CLIFF IN CEMENT BOOTS AND YES THIS NONSENSE IS STILL HAPPENING EVERYWHERE THANKS TO THESE MORONS THAT DONT EVEN BELONG WALKING.If some 1 wants to know why Im so angry go ahead and just ask me and I will tell ya why!

Old 06-17-2002, 06:29 PM
Pro Rider

I know why your angry, you own a Honda and it broke down on you. Right?....No?

Serousily, we all should have the right to drive ATVs, dirtbikes, trucks, etc on dirt trails. I know the USA is going through a tough time right now but this is one of those things you can't take away from people. We all need to stick together and help each other out. I even signed your petition and I'm from Canada. Speaking of Canada, why don't some of you guys move up to Canada? We got tons and tons of trails, less people to worry about and the government is a joke. Our trails will never be closed down, well not for the 10 years atleast and where I live there will never ever be trails that are closed. We can even ride in town with our dirtbikes and quads as along as we behave. I say everyone help out your fellow neighbor, save our right to ride !!

Quick Reply: Kawasaki/Suzuki Alliance is very Poor.