Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Why?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2002, 04:42 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why didn't Atv Connection do a full review on the 650 prairie? Sure they put a press release on thier site. I have noticed that the other big bores including the Rincon have had considerable attention when compared to kawi. Is there friction between the two camps?

Old 07-08-2002, 05:03 PM
Pro Rider

Dash, I agree with you.
I think it was because Kawasaki is such a great machine, all they could really do was say "Us Too!" It has all pretty much been said about the 650. It is blazing fast for a quad, let alone a 600 pound utility! It is big, but handles like a much smaller and more nimble machine. It is powerful, powerful enough to climb anything that you have the kachoinks to try. It is sleek, it is well laid out, it is user-friendly, it has quality craftsmanship. It is the ATV of the year! What more can really be said? Time will tell if what has been said to date is sufficient or woefully inadequate.

Old 07-08-2002, 05:11 PM
Pro Rider

not to get off the subject because I want more opinions.... but I thought the Rincon review made it sound like it was a mediocre machine

Old 07-08-2002, 05:30 PM
Pro Rider

I think it would be mediocre for my type of riding, but not for everyone. Some people just like to go tooling about on their quads, oblivious to the fact that there is a nasty hill to the left and a huge mudpit to their right, when people like me wouldn't even see the rest of the trail until I had gone up the hill and across the mud! I made a reference to the Honda Goldwing in another post. These are average bikes. They are very comfortable, but not sporty or fast or snappy etc. I would liken the Rincon to the Goldwing. What do you think after reading the reviews?