Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Kaw 650Black Box

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2002, 06:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ALSO before I forget,will you be offering a set of better plug wire's to go along with the ignition? and with the new timing curve will we have to go with a notch colder plug?

Old 07-12-2002, 03:58 AM
Pro Rider

One of the reasons you will need to rejet is the timing retards dramaticly at 5000 rpm and slowly retards even more as the rpm increases. As the engine goes flat at 5000 rpm the main jet doesn't need to flow as much fuel to gradualy increase the speeed at wide open throttle, so a smaller main jet is used. When the timing is advanced the way it should have been from the factory more fuel is needed to allow the engine to rev cleanly up the rpm range. As far as your warranty goes, just unplug the new box, plug the old one back in and stick the stock jetting back in the carbs. Once you have changed the jets a few times it becomes very easy to do, in fact I can do it in fifteen minutes. The stock snorkel will not flow enough air to allow the engine to rev cleanly, just another way Kawasaki protects us from ourselves? I do understand there concerns about law suits, that is the reason we first tested our boxes in Canada. I dont think a change in plug temperature will be nescassary and in my opinion the stock plug wires will be just fine, but only time will tell for sure. Stakk you are on the list buddy.
Don [Bearman]

Old 07-12-2002, 02:29 PM
Trailblazer

1Bearman, I was wondering if you had an inclination on how much the cdi box will cost when it is finished? I will be ordering your snorkle as well as a jet kit next week.

Old 07-12-2002, 06:25 PM
Pro Rider

Bearman,
Put me on the list for the CDI box and I promise I won't yak about the cost. I ordered the snorkle last week. Thanks

Old 07-12-2002, 06:41 PM
Pro Rider

Roadrashron
I can only guess at a final cost on the cdi box. I hope to keep it as close to a new stock box as possible. As we get closer to a production run I will have a better idea. Haynes1111, You are on the list and thanks for ordering the snorkel. We now have snorkels back in stock, and the clutch filter system is getting close.
Bearman