Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Mojavie

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2002 | 09:34 PM
Mar
|
Pro Rider

Burning Oil.

Hi guys.

My friend has a older Mojavie 250. It burns oil like its a 2 stroke. So he brought it in for rebuild to a small town small engine mechanic.

Anyway the guy claimed to have changed the rings and seals and when he got the motor back it still burned oil just like before.

He then called the guy and the guy did it again. Both times it cost $400.00 CDN. Anyway he gets it back and its still smoking maybe even a little worse.

They guy wont give him his money back but he sweares he did all the work. Im wondering if there is somthing that he is missing that you guys know or is it a case of the guy not knowing what hes doing and he screwed up the rebuild (TWICE).

Thanks in advance.

Old 07-17-2002 | 10:29 AM
Pro Rider

He needs to demand his money back or a satisfactory repair made. There are other factors that could cause the problem, but if the guy knew what he was doing he would have found the problem and not returned it still using oil. To charge for the second rebuild was not right in my opinion, but their could be more to the story than I know. For instance, when I was in the service business someone in a similar situation may come in and say "I want you to put rings in my quad". If i did it, and it did not fix the problem, then whose fault is it. If the customer says " my quad is burning oil, can you find out why and fix it" then guess whose fault it is when it still burns oil. I would never make a repair unless I had a full understanding of the symptoms of the problem, just to keep an argument from happening.