Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

snow trax conversion kit and 650s

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2002, 10:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone using them I talked to one dealer the last weekend that had it on his 360 last winter and he liked it. How does it handle on ice? I would be interested in the 4 trax rather than 2 skies.

Old 08-15-2002, 12:54 AM
Pro Rider

Kawi 650 are you talking about the trax that fit on all four wheels indepentantly that are available from Ontario. I am working on set of trax that have a trailing axle with conveyor belting wrapped around the tires and also around the front tires resulting in a bigger foot print. I think the price out east are 3000 + 700 for the adapter for different bikes.

Old 08-15-2002, 01:15 AM
Pro Rider

are these snow trax or lightfoot or none of the above?

Old 08-15-2002, 01:25 AM
Pro Rider

I am not sure of the actuale name I saw a flyer at my dealer 2 weeks ago and the track system there was on all four wheels independantly not just on the back with skis up front. But the prices are in Canadian funds there is a similar system made in the States but they are priced at 5000 American almost twice as much here for the same thing or roughly the same design. I was thinking of a set but I am not sure how they would work crawling over logs and rocks, or would they be just for the winter or possibly mud who nows. I will get to the dealer probably early next week and get the name if you are interested.

Old 08-15-2002, 08:30 AM
Pro Rider

I re-call a while back! I went to one of there web sites,and they had videos!! They showed them Crowling over LOGs ROCKs ,and growing through DEEP mud!! They seemed to work VERY well!!! And they also showed them going down the road!They stated that u could use them on any type of Surface!

Old 08-16-2002, 01:09 AM
Pro Rider

On that site was it a Canadian company or American?

Old 08-16-2002, 11:00 AM
Trailblazer

http://www.litefootatv.com/

This is the sight with the video's. I was thinking about buying them, but if they are that much cheaper in Canada, then I guess i have to take a little trip[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 08-17-2002, 01:22 PM
Pro Rider

roadrashron,kawi650:

Here is the site I see that they are relatively a new company, I had to go to the dealer so I picked up there flyer. If things have not changed here is their pricing. Cat track system for 2979.95 + adapter for individual bike 619.95 = 3599.90 that's Canadian 60% of American funds. I imagine you would like the address web site is www.kimpex.com they don't show the pictures of the system on the web but call them or send an e-mail looks interesting. This considerably cheaper than the unit from the States and built in Canada hope this helps.

Old 08-17-2002, 03:27 PM
Weekend Warrior

well i just watched the video on the litefoot website and all i can say is "hehe"....I like their idea of rough terrain, from what i saw in the video there is no need to switch from tires to tracks except maybe for snow, i haven't ridden in snow yet so i can't speak from experience.

Crodog

Old 08-17-2002, 05:49 PM
Pro Rider

HI GUY'S;
Kimpex in Canada makes a set of tracks for the Kawi P650. Actually they make them for a number of quads,but the demo quad with the tracks on ,is the P650. My buddy who owns a Kawi/Bombardier dealership has the video. He says it will put any ski-doo to shame with the amount of wood it can tow up a hill.The snow floatation is awsome as the rider in the video jumps of the quad and goes over his waist in snow...then climbs back up on the machine and drives away.The ground clearance looks very impressive and turning radius is also very impressive.I asked him about speed loss and his reply was that he would expect some but not very much( The machine in the video apparently looked to be clipping along very well).The tracks can be simply put on as fast as changing your tires( Let go the lug nuts,throw the tires and rims to one side and replace with the track assembly)I guess it would take 10 minutes or so. The kit retails for about $3500.00 Canadian.

ROB

Quick Reply: snow trax conversion kit and 650s