Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Anyone remember Jackie Meadows????

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2002, 08:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ran into the 'Blast from the past' this weekend at Loretta Lynn's. Jackie Meadows is getting back into ATV Pro racing. When he was 16 he rode for Team Kawasaki on a Mojave and Tecate-4. I rode my Mojave over to his pits and he flipped over my Mojave. He even rode it around the campground! He is such a great guy. He ran number 11 when he ran for Team Green and that the reason I run number 11. He and his Mojave was in a Wiseco piston ad in Dirt Wheels about 12 or so years ago. After I told him that, he said "You mean this picture?" and took me into his trailer and he had it hangin on his wall! MAN! That was the highlight of my weekend.

Anyway, he signed an old Team Green photo and the back of my number 11 number plate from my chest protector. Click on the links below to see them.

http://www.racewebcreations.com/imag...20Meadows2.jpg
http://www.racewebcreations.com/imag...dows%20002.jpg

Old 08-20-2002, 12:34 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well,I've never heard of him but it's good to know that he didn't let stuff get to his head.Back in the early 80's I used to ride with Mark Waxeldorfer and Tommy Gain from team honda.Being famous got to Mark early on and Tommy quit riding with me because I could out wheelie him!Anybody know what happened to them?

Old 08-20-2002, 12:22 PM
Pro Rider

Someone said he is going to be racing at the TT nationals this weekend. It is good to hear about people in the spotlight that realize it is fans that care that make them a household name.

Old 08-21-2002, 12:51 AM
The Facility

Lurch,

Totally awesome weekend for sure.

I never met the guy in person, but I do remember him from the magazines back in the day. Very fast for a kid back then. Glad to hear that he might be considering a comeback of sorts.

I still have an autographed 8x10 of Gary Denton from 1989 that will forever remain hung on my wall.

Later
Patrick

Old 08-21-2002, 03:48 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I have a autograph of MOrgana.

Old 08-23-2002, 03:06 PM
Pro Rider

I was right, he will be racing at the TT nationals at Benton, MO this weekend. His engine got a freshing up this week at FTZ (the orginal builder of his engines). I can't make it to the races saturday, but I am hoping to go tonight for the short track nationals.

I was too young to remember his glory days (I am 21 now so I would have been 11 when he stopped racing), but I have a couple of friends who raced pro back then. I was talking to one yesterday that finished second behind Jackie more than once in national races. He was glad to hear Jackie was making a comeback.

I don't believe any of you are TT guys, so I don't guess you are going to be in Benton this weekend, huh?

Old 08-23-2002, 03:10 PM
Pro Rider

I'm an MX guy. Jackie told me that he will be racing MX next season.

Old 08-23-2002, 03:14 PM
Pro Rider

I wasent even 5 back tehn!! but My dad said he thingk that jakie only raced MX He says he doesnt think he ever ran TT!! TT is for wimps!Mx is for the real racers!

Old 08-23-2002, 09:40 PM
Pro Rider

there is a pic of jackie meadows racing in the new dirtwheels on page 176

Old 08-26-2002, 12:04 PM
Pro Rider

Mojavekid: Jackie never ran TT? He dominated the national TT circuit.

Also, TT is for wimps? I believe it is LT80 whose signature reads, "If your mommy won't let you go fast, there is always MX and XC." A good short track or straightaways on TT tracks can produce 80+ mph speeds. Your mojave will need a LOT higher gearing to ever think of hitting those speeds. A good TT rider is right on the verge of flipping over and spinning out, but still maintaining control at all times. Although not quite as much as MX the demand on the body is still great. As a TT racer, you must go from stitting over the rear axle to shifting your weight forward to get front traction as you enter a corner, then using only your knee and calf to hang on as your body is almost off the bike in the turn, then pull back forward to you can lean for the right turn. All of this must be done in a couple of seconds.

I am not putting down any type of racing since I love watching it all. I don't like hearing people degrade TT racing especially if they have never raced it.

Quick Reply: Anyone remember Jackie Meadows????