Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Modifications for '03 650 Prairie

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2002, 02:31 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi MonteSS,

I'm purchasing my 2003 Kawasaki Prairie 650 V-Twin on September 30th and I would like to know about the plow setup. Is it easy to install? Can you dismount the blade easy?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

IronBear [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-11-2002, 03:06 PM
Pro Rider

changeing your jets and filter will NOT void your warrenty..only if you blow it up from doing something like that.

Old 09-11-2002, 03:42 PM
Pro Rider

It is real easy to install There is only about 6 nuts and bolt to hold the plate on and the plow and lift bar comes off real easy (Winch or electric lift system)un hook the lift and pull 2 pins the plow is off I will get a picture of it tonight and get them developed so you see I will even scan the directions for installing them if you want just send me a private message with what ya want.

Old 09-11-2002, 05:21 PM
Trailblazer

Dear Prairie Puppy: Let me guess, you bought the parts from one of your friends that ride the short bus to school with you. I believe Partsman2 may have some insight into your motives behind this trickery. I have come to find Mrs. Green and her pupils are a little slow both on and off the trail. My advice to you is to sell your 650 to a close friend (me) and spend the time you ride with your family (FAMILY TIME).

Concerning your jetting questions, you can go to www.dynojet.com and ask if any changes for the 03 over the 02.

Old 09-11-2002, 06:13 PM
Pro Rider

I just checked the 2002 vs. 2003 exhaust system part numbers on buykawasaki.com. It's exactly the same part, unless there's a mistake in their parts diagram. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 09-11-2002, 10:29 PM
Trailblazer

Hey WVBARTMAN,

Are you by chance the same crazy dude who rides all the time over in Sanderson, WV? If so, you are LEGENDARY! Me and my riding buddies have heard you and that crazy blue Raptor barking up through the hills on the weekends, and may have even caught a glimpse of you once or twice. We tried to catch up to you last month to talk and get aquainted, but forget that! NO ONE is going to catch you unless you let them!

Word has it that you are THE MAN when it comes to performance modifications. A guy told me that you re-jetted his carb, and probably about 100 others around the area. I live in Ohio, but me and my buddies really like to ride up in your area. I would love to meet you and have you give me some ideas on my new bike. I would be an honor to get to know you. You just say when and where, and I'll be there!

Please respond to my Email address.

Old 09-11-2002, 11:03 PM
Pro Rider

I checked into the air box up grade from a 02 to a 03 the dealer said it would be about $140 in parts FYI.

Old 09-11-2002, 11:28 PM
Trailblazer

OK, here's the latest on the exhaust situation and changes between the '02 and the '03 models: THERE ARE NONE! I WAS WRONG! What threw me was that the HMF "Slip On" has simply reversed the positions where the the respective cylinders connect to the pipe. In other words, in stock '02's and '03's, the front cylinder header clamps onto the top port on the muffler while the rear cylinder connects directly to the bottom port of the muffler. What HMF has done (and perfectly I might add) is to slightly alter the angle of their pipe to allow the rear cylinder to connect to the top port on their system, while the bottom port clamps right up to the existing header pipe coming from the front cylinder.

This pipe has a deep throaty sound to it, only about 10 decibles louder that the stock pipe. I don't know about performance enhancement yet because I only JUST finished the install and have yet to do the required carb work.

Sorry about the confusion.

(BTW, Partsman2, I checked with my selling dealer and they said that this modification will indeed not effect my warantee and that you were a nosy ******** for saying so.)

Old 09-12-2002, 12:27 AM
Range Rover

PrairiePuppy - all I try to do is help you out and all you can do is call me nasty names.I believe they frown on that kind of language on this forum so you should rephrase that to "Richard Noggin" thank you.

BTW-I heard that WVBartman is a dangerous man.I've seen him ride over in Sanderson and he looked like the headless horseman going through the woods on that Raptor.I also heard that he aint right in the head.

Old 09-12-2002, 10:15 AM
Trailblazer

Partsman2 (aka: Richard Noggin),

You are exactly right, and I appologize. I see that you live in the same area that I do. Maybe we could hook up some time and go riding together and try to catch that crazy WVBARTMAN.

Quick Reply: Modifications for '03 650 Prairie