Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Modifications for '03 650 Prairie

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2002, 11:20 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dear Prairie Puppy: Yes I'm the guy that rides the 20,000 acre Sanderson area. The reason I'm always hauling a$$ is I can't get the sound of those banjo's (dueling bajo's) out of my head. When they nicknamed Sanderson "Beyond Deliverance" they meant it. I feel pretty strongly that a moving target is a hard target so as they say in the woods, "you don't have to be the fastest to escape but the slowest usually has the prettiest mouth".

BTW - I got home last night and had a message on my answering machine, the Sherriff called and said there was a husband and wife reported missing in the Sanderson area and they needed volunteers that knew the area to go looking. They were riding double on an ATV and had been missing for two days. This morning it was on the news, they found them, he rolled it and they were in a ravine. They had started a fire and that's how they found them.

One more thing: I hear there is a great place to take kids to learn to ride in your area, it is a place called Lucasville. What's it like?

Old 09-14-2002, 12:34 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All modifications are now complete and the puppy sounds and runs GREAT! The carb re-jetting was simpler than I had imagined it would be. While I did have to do a lot of work to get to the carbs, I did NOT have to actually remove them to replace the needles nor the jets. I went with DYNAJETS recommendations, which were: #132 in the front carb and #136 in the rear carb; Fuel mixture screw backed off 3 complete revs from seated position. Starts and idles perfectly, GREAT low end throttle response. I haven't had it up past 40MPH yet, but no signs of high end hesitation or problems there either.

I had no choice but to stay with the stock air filter, but in looking and comparing to the '02, it has to be 40-50% more surface area than the '02, and has to breath easier because of using the sponge material instead of that fuzzy yellow stuff.

Now, on to the next challenge...installing a winch.